Error trying to use Wii Disc channel shortcuts

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by RainMK, May 22, 2009.

May 22, 2009
  1. RainMK
    OP

Newcomer RainMK Member

United States
    Hello everyone,

I was on 3.3U and upgraded safely to 4.0U with a wad while still being able to launch all my vc and wiiware games. My problem is that I want to use the Wii disc channel shortcuts instead of a usb loader so i tried installing the ones I found from a thread in this site and I recieve aq cios249 error. Can someone tell me what my issue may be and how to fix it, thank you very much in advance !!!

2. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    Install cIOS rev10. Can be found on waninkoko's blog.

3. RainMK
    OP

Newcomer RainMK Member

United States
    Thank you for the fast reply. I will try that now sir!!

4. RainMK
    OP

Newcomer RainMK Member

United States
    I installed the cios249 revision 10 and i am still getting the same error when i click on the icon. There is a usb subsystem error i also get which is one the ones that i got from this site ( The NTSC pack posted in the forums) , the 249 error was actually from one punchout one that i made myself. I hope i can figure out what is going on. I would like to just use the ones from this site so I am wondering what is going on with the usb error.

5. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    "Could not initialize USB subsystem!" error is handled here. It might also work, if you simply reinstall the channel wads.

6. RainMK
    OP

Newcomer RainMK Member

United States
    I basically want to be able to launch games such as Mario Galaxy for example from the Wii dashboard. I installed the wad for it found from this site and it shows up fine but when I go to launch it I recieve a usb system error for it. I am wondering if anyone has encountered this and if so is it possible to get around this.

Posts merged

Ok thank you again for the help. Ill check it out and try it again.

7. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Do you have the game on your usb drive?

8. RainMK
    OP

Newcomer RainMK Member

United States
    The game is on my external hd which was formatrted through WBFS and I transfered it through the programm too and also launched it and everything works fine.

9. RainMK
    OP

Newcomer RainMK Member

United States
    Im going to try and reinstall the channels, ill be back to let you know if it worked.

10. RainMK
    OP

Newcomer RainMK Member

United States
    I am getting the same error after reinstalling the channels. It is a usb subsystem error -1 somthing to that effect. I am also now unable to have my hd seen through 2 loaders and they both give me the same error, usb subsystem error. Can someone please assist me. It appears my hd isnt even seen ever since I installed the cios 249 revision 10 like 25 minutes ago.

11. RainMK
    OP

Newcomer RainMK Member

United States
    I am getting the same error after reinstalling the channels. It is a usb subsystem error -1 somthing to that effect. I am also now unable to have my hd seen through 2 loaders and they both give me the same error, usb subsystem error. Can someone please assist me. It appears my hd isnt even seen ever since I installed the cios 249 revision 10 like 25 minutes ago.

12. RainMK
    OP

Newcomer RainMK Member

United States
    Det1re I noticed in the subsystem link you posted that they installed cios249 rev 9 and not 10 like me. Woul it hurt to install cios rev 9 on mhy Wii right now and see if that fixes my issue with the hd not being seen???

13. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    It could help. But I doubt, it will work. Result would rev10 < rev9 — which shouldn't be. But it's worth a try. ;)

14. RainMK
    OP

Newcomer RainMK Member

United States
    Well i dont know whats going on. Ever sonce i put on cios 249 rev 10 i have not been able to launch any games off my hd bc it cant even be seen by the Wii. I get the USB subsystem error. Before I installed it everything worked fine. I just instaled it because I thought it would fix my issue with launching Wii game disc channel shortcuts but now nothing works, only my vc and wiiware but my external which was once seen is not seen anymore, ever since i installed cios249 rev 10. Anyone know what can be wrong or what I should do. I did read rev 9 got peoples error to go away but I tried rev 10 as I said and I am getting this issue. Please help me if you can, thanks for reading

15. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Try create a game channel using a waninkoko's 1.5 based loader... most channels shared here and there uses an old loader...

16. RainMK
    OP

Newcomer RainMK Member

United States
    guys i put cios 249 rev 9 back on and still no luck, i get usb subsystem error -1. Someone said to reformat my hd and it will work but i dont wanna go through the hassle if they happen to be incorrect. Any idea please anyone