gamer220

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was installing some wads today and moving them to the SD card menu. Everything was going good until I tired to install this one wad and i got an error "ret = -1017" message. Now it says this anytime I want to install or delete any wads. What am I doing wrong and is there a simple fix. It cant be a bad wad bc I am trying this on every single one I cant even delete the ones I installed already thru the wad manager. Any help would be great.

I'm on a NTSC 4.0 wii and upgraded using the Ultimate Guide and I have preloader installed.

EDIT: I am also getting error "ret = -1022" and "ret = -1" messages also...gahhhh

EDIT: now all of a sudden it is working on one of the wads. And now it wont work again. Is this just a hiccup in the system causing me to get these errors or what?? Im just confused. Do i need to wipe out my SD card and put everything on there again?

spliffdizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar problem. I was installing some .wads, and one of them gave me a -1017 error. Every .wad I tried to install after that gave me the error. After quitting out of WAD Manager 1.3 and loading it again, the other .wads installed fine, but the one that gave me the error still does. Must be a bad .wad...

lilkidz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having the same problem as you... Getting ret=-1 when installing a wiiware with wad manager 1.3. Ret=-1022 i think means you already have it and so you have to delete it and reinstall it.

Zeldahunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump such an old thread but I am also having the same problem and I'm having trouble finding a solution anywhere : (

sirakain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
try this : had the same problem and this tutorial saved my life
biggrin.gif
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=156702&hl=

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.