Hacking error occured screen after attempting to downgrade to 9.2

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I didn't plan on updating it was just my only choice lol but yeah the selling and rebuying thing to me personally wouldn't be worth it as ill be losing money (I only buy new and would have to sell my 3ds for cheaper) just for cfw I mean CFW isn't THAT important to me I mainly liked the fact of unlocking the cpu for older games but cia was a nice addition but I think I can live without it if need be it just would have been nice to have
Actually, you don't need CFW to run emulators: You only need userland.

However, without CFW, you won't be able to update your system to latest firm if there isn't a userland exploit available for it.

deathblade200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, you don't need CFW to run emulators: You only need userland.

However, without CFW, you won't be able to update your system to latest firm if there isn't a userland exploit available for it.

by older games I mean most 3ds games are locked to 268mhz while you can force them to use 804mhz on a new 3ds but it requires cfw

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by older games I mean most 3ds games are locked to 268mhz while you can force them to use 804MHZ on a new 3ds but it requires cfw
I see. Yes, you will need a CFW to do that, and you can't do it on that 3DS without a hardmod or wait out a new kernel exploit that works for 11.0 (not very likely, but possible if someone actually puts the effort into making that happen)

deathblade200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. Yes, you will need a CFW to do that, and you can't do it on that 3DS without a hardmod or wait out a new kernel exploit that works for 11.0 (not very likely, but possible if someone actually puts the effort into making that happen)

but you mentioned emulators so thats what confused me I already had emulators running via ninjahax before so I know those work without cfw albeit not well

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but you mentioned emulators so thats what confused me I already had emulators running via ninjahax before so I know those work without cfw albeit not well
Yes, when you were referring to "Old games", I thought you were referring to emulated consoles like the Super Nintendo. However, overclocking official 3DS games can only be done with CFW.

deathblade200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, when you were referring to "Old games", I thought you were referring to emulated consoles like the Super Nintendo. However, overclocking official 3DS games can only be done with CFW.

yep and that was pretty much the main reason I wanted cfw as I've heard it makes a lot of games run so much better

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep and that was pretty much the main reason I wanted cfw as I've heard it makes a lot of games run so much better
It's a shame your downgrade didn't succeed, but I'm not sure if I have anything else to say about this: Your only options are to hardmod, back up your saves when 11.0 gets userland and move to another n3ds, stick with what you have and avoid updating in hopes of a (rather unlikely) kernel exploit, or update and use your Sky3DS on latest firm and hope it never gets blocked.

deathblade200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a shame your downgrade didn't succeed, but I'm not sure if I have anything else to say about this: Your only options are to hardmod, back up your saves when 11.0 gets userland and move to another n3ds, stick with what you have and avoid updating in hopes of a (rather unlikely) kernel exploit, or update and use your Sky3DS on latest firm and hope it never gets blocked.
well for the time being I'll just have to hold out with the SKY3DS+ if I didn't have that I would probably go with one of the other options but thanks for your help

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well for the time being I'll just have to hold out with the SKY3DS+ if I didn't have that I would probably go with one of the other options but thanks for your help
No problem, just be careful about your decision each time you update: Either you update to stay on latest firm or you avoid playing online and wait out a new kernel exploit. Also pay attention to whether or not Sky3DS gets blocked by the new update. (Unsure if this is possible, but you never know...)

deathblade200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem, just be careful about your decision each time you update: Either you update to stay on latest firm or you avoid playing online and wait out a new kernel exploit.
you can still play online actually it doesn't block games unless you don't have the latest patch for the game

deathblade200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, that is the case. However, Nintendo has the power to prevent that at any moment, and we're not sure what Nintendo's gonna do.
true we will just have to wait and see what happens lol I've been following hacking scenes for a long time so I know no matter how much people doubt an exploit always comes out for a device this all just reminds me of back when people would doubt every firmware after 5.00 m33 on the psp would ever be hacked but from then on cfw just got easier and easier to install and there are clearly dedicated people already working on hacks so I'll keep my hopes up regardless of naysayers nobody can possibly know what the future holds but no code is perfect

Reactions: CrispyYoshi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-