"Error in FAT Init"

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by Pedromman, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Pedromman
    OP

Pedromman Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2008
    Guatemala
    This is the error that I get when I try to load up a GBA game on my DS using Ndstation, a R4, and a EzPack 3 In 1 Expansion.
    The ram for the web browser works, and so does the rumble pack.
    It had always worked, but when I updated my firmware it didn't work anymore. I even tried new games and everything, but nothing works.
    Anyone know anything that can help? Thanks.

2. gizmo_gal

gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

Apr 10, 2008
    United States
    1st dimension, Earth
    MY guess is that this update isn't yet compatible with the combo of hardware that you're using. I cant tell you why exactly but that seems to be the case. I say just swap back down to your previous firmware and wait for some updates/fixes.

Hope that helps.

3. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    NDStation has been broken on the R4 since version 1.13 or so of the R4 kernel. It also hasn't been updated to support the new 3-in-1 chipset.

4. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    i also have an r4 and an ez 3-in-1. you should be using the tools rudolph coded for flashing gba roms, using the rumble, and using the ram.

v.56 gbatemp mirror

dldi patch it for your r4
    then hit R or L to go into the different modes. the homebrew is written in english so you should have no issues there.

cheers,
    -another world

5. Mic_128

Mic_128 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2007
    Australia
    Sorry for the bump, but I'm having the same problem, but the link provided above is now dead. Any chance someone knows the current best way to flash a GBA rom onto an EZ 3-in-1 with an R4?

6. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
  7. jbogart1973

jbogart1973 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2010
    Canada
    hi guys im getting the fat init error when trying to load the fix through my r4 ds lite for my dsi im truley a noob and wishing someone can send me a link to step by stp instructions on the fix . ive looked on the net and everything i hav tryed doesnt seem to work for me . this would be last hope before buying a new dsi 1.6.2u card of some sort.
    i have a dsi (fully updated [​IMG] )ttdsi card ans a r4 ds lite still working with a r4 card. pls help an old man out !