Error in compiling latest SVN revision SNES9X GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by pcmantinker, Jun 5, 2011.

1. pcmantinker
    OP

Newcomer pcmantinker Advanced Member

United States
    When I try to compile the latest SVN revision (r697) of SNES9X GX, I get this error message:
    Code:
    C:\snes9x-gx>make
    make -f Makefile.wii
    make[1]: Entering directory `/c/snes9x-gx'
    fileop.cpp
    c:/snes9x-gx/source/fileop.cpp: In function 'bool MountDVD(bool)':
    c:/snes9x-gx/source/fileop.cpp:308:25: error: too many arguments to function 'BOOL ISO9660_Unmount()'
    c:/devkitPro/libogc/include/iso9660.h:13:6: note: declared here
    c:/snes9x-gx/source/fileop.cpp:322:36: error: too many arguments to function 'BOOL ISO9660_Mount()'
    c:/devkitPro/libogc/include/iso9660.h:12:6: note: declared here
    c:/snes9x-gx/source/fileop.cpp: In function 'bool ParseDirEntries()':
    c:/snes9x-gx/source/fileop.cpp:522:14: error: 'struct dirent' has no member name
    d 'd_type'
    c:/snes9x-gx/source/fileop.cpp:522:22: error: 'DT_DIR' was not declared in this
    scope
    make[2]: *** [fileop.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [build_wii] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/snes9x-gx'
    make: *** [wii] Error 2
    I am using devkitPPC r22 and libogc 1.8.6 installed by the devkitPro updater for Windows. I've installed the portlibs as the wiki asks me to do, but still receive an error message. I'm thinking this might be an issue with this SVN revision of SNES9X GX not supporting libogc 1.8.6 fully. Please let me know how to fix this issue. Thanks.

EDIT:
    It seems that ISO9660_Unmount() and ISO9660_Mount() were modified to require less arguments than what fileop.cpp passes to them. I'll see if downgrading libogc to 1.8.4 fixes that problem.

2. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    For ISO9660 functions, you need the last libogc from devkitpro SVN, it is more recent than 1.8.6 actually.

For the rest, I think snes9x requires an unreleased version of devkitPPC to compile so you are out of luck.

Why do you want to compile the last revision anyway ? As far as I can tell, those are very minor changes to the HTTP code that is used for network updates on startup, nothing to worry about or worth an update.

3. pcmantinker
    OP

United States
    I'm trying to see if I can add unofficial NTFS support to SNES9X GX. I know that NTFS support has been requested to add to the official release, but I wanted to try and add support for NTFS on my own. The library libntfs follows the same structure as libfat so theoretically, it shouldn't take much to add NTFS support. Also, by changing the lines for ISO9660_Unmount() and ISO9660_Mount() to take no arguments, I was able to get rid of those error messages. The next error message comes from dirent.h. It seems as though the code for checking whether a file is a directory in fileop.cpp doesn't work anymore with the latest dirent.h.

To see if I could actually compile the code, I just commented out those few lines referring to the directory checking. I was able to successfully compile the code after those lines were commented out. It ran on my Wii just fine, but of course the directory listing was messed up since I commented out those lines. I'm looking for a workaround to fix the directory checking code. I will try getting libogc from SVN and see how the code compiles with that.

4. crono141

Member crono141 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Did you ever manage to get this to compile fully? And, a separate unrelated question, does compiling with the latest libogc and devkitpro enable sync of the new wii remote plus controllers?

5. Wiimpathy

Member Wiimpathy GBAtemp Fan

France
    Compiling with the latest DevkitPPC should enable new wiimotes.
    The thread's over 1 year ago, it'd be a little selfish of him not sharing NTFS support if he managed to add it. Maybe, Tantric will release a new Snes9xgx soon .... who knows?

6. crono141

United States
    Sorry, didn't mean to revive a dead thread, I guess I missed the year being 2011. I'm trying to get it to compile with latest DevKitPPC and libogc, but I'm getting compile errors in pngu.c and png.h. I'm a programming noob (some c++ in high school 15 years ago) so I haven't the faintest clue on how to fix it. I've followed the basic directions on the SNES9xGX code page.

7. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    I'm sure you get errors in a file not found because of missing portlibs. You guys also could just use wiiflows plugin system, that contains the latest snes9xgx with the latest libs ;)
    @Wiimpathy:
    NTFS support would be very easy to add, since its just a library and a device manager you need.

8. crono141

United States
    Wait, wiiflow's plugins have the emulators built in? I thought they just pointed to other apps on the SD card.

Can you link to instructions or a faq on how to get that set up?

9. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    1 person likes this.
  10. crono141

United States
    Thanks! I'll try this out today.

11. TheSly

Newcomer TheSly Advanced Member

Austria
    Sorry for my doublepost:-(

How do You compile?
    When I open the file "Makefile" with programmers notepad, I can't find the tool "make"...

I want to change the colour themes of VbaGX, FceuGX and Snes9GX, so they fit better to my WiiFlow-Theme.
    (I downloaded their sources from Googlecode using Tortoise SVN, installed DevKitPro - including DevKitPPC r24 and Libogc 1.8.7 - and created a folder called "portlibs", where I put the ported libraries from Googlecode)

What am I doing wrong?
    Please help:-(

PS: Sorry, found it...

12. pcmantinker
    OP

United States
    Wow, this thread is really old with the last post being over two years ago. Unfortunately, I have not worked on my attempts at adding NTFS support to SNES9X GX in 3.5 years. You should start a new thread to get more up to date support.

TheSly likes this.
  13. TheSly

Newcomer TheSly Advanced Member

Austria
    I got it right, but thank You for Your response!:)