Hacking error I can't get around..

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restoring the Trucha Bug, Removing Stub IOS's, Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS
Run MMM [Multi-Mod Manager]
On the main menu, go down to select Install & Patch IOS36 and press A.
Choose Express Mode and press A.
Press any button to return to the main menu.

when I get to this step of the modify any wii 4.2 and below sticky at the top, I get this error:

Code:
**** Downgrading IOS15 to v257 ****

Preparing downgrade of IOS15 - using v523 to downgrade to v257
Getting ISO15 v523...
Loading ISO15-64-v523.wad from SD card
Could not open file: sd:/IOS15-64-v523.wad
Could not open file: sd:/wad/IOS15-64-v523.wad
Please Check, file not found.

Error getting IOS
ERROR (-1) Downgrading

Press any button to continue.

I checked and the IOS15-64-v523.wad from the modify.zip is definitely in the root of my SD card. I'm using a 4gb SDHC, I was using a 256mb until I got as far as making a NAND backup when I switched to the bigger card. It's obviously reading the card as that's where the homebrew stuff is, anyone have any suggestions?

edit: Alright, it was the 4gb SDHC, I just figured since it was Wii compatible it'd work for this. I'm guessing it wasn't readable 'cause of the HC bit.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try the 256MB SD card; error 1 means that the file is missing. And it's definitely not going to work if the file is called ISO15-64-v523.wad.

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
Try the 256MB SD card; error 1 means that the file is missing. And it's definitely not going to work if the file is called ISO15-64-v523.wad.
it isn't the 'iso' part was a typo on my part since I'm way more used to typing 'iso' than 'ios'

Alright, it was the 4gb SDHC, I just figured since it was Wii compatible it'd work for this. I'm guessing it wasn't readable 'cause of the HC bit.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
claudekennilol said:
Gordinio said:
it isn't the 'iso' part was a typo on my part since I'm way more used to typing 'iso' than 'ios'

Alright, it was the 4gb SDHC, I just figured since it was Wii compatible it'd work for this. I'm guessing it wasn't readable 'cause of the HC bit.
Some apps are picky about HC cards, if one doesn't work try a regular one.

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, now that I've done everything in the sticky, which files do I still need on my SD card?
I don't plan on using MMM again, and is the priiloader app folder still necessary after I've installed it?
Or the Cios or IOS wads? Or the private folder? or the boot.elf in the root of my sd card?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u can delete everything except for your nand backup and keys (nand.bin and keys.bin)

if u decide to rehack your wii in the future, u can always get all the other files again, but your nand.bin and keys.bin are specific to your wii and can save u from most bricks (it can save u from all bricks if u know some1 with an infectus chip)

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So since I've backed those up on my PC I can delete everything else? If I delete the Bootmii folder my wii will just boot up into the regular wii channel menu, yeah?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
whoops, forgot about that folder

u should save that too in case u ever need to access bootmii again, u can always get this folder again, but its easier just to save it

if u just rename the bootmii folder to anything else, it will boot directly to the system menu even on wii's with bootmii as boot2

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help
happy.gif
. I'll just leave the bootmii folder as I like booting to it, and YAWM. I hate not touching a console forever then having to relearn everything for it..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs