Error during a burning

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by amooscuro, Apr 12, 2008.

Apr 12, 2008

Error during a burning by amooscuro at 6:40 AM (1,046 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. amooscuro
    OP

Newcomer amooscuro Newbie

Cambodia
    I just burned (xbox360 .nrg file) with my LG GSA-H54N drive and everything went fine until I had that error during IMGburn verification :

W 21:42:29 Miscompare at LBA: 1808708, Offset: 1994
    W 21:42:29 Device: 0xFA
    W 21:42:29 Image File: 0x00
    W 21:42:29 Total Errors in Sector: 3

The game, however, works perfectly, so I was wondering if any knew if that could be a problem or something I did wrong.

Thanks in advance!

2. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Sorry I wasn't looking properly before, only thing I can see that stands out is it's an .nrg file instead of .iso and .dvd (select the .dvd to burn the .iso).
    NRG is nero?

[-EDIT-]

Either way that ISO has been converted or renamed at least once. No scene release would be .nrg. May be a good idea to check the file in mullometer to make sure stealth etc. are in place.

3. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    If you want to maximize your chance of avoiding a ban, never insert a failed burned disc in your 360.
    It looks like a little bit of data was corrupted. Not sure where though, could be from image format conversion, could have happened while downloading, etc.

Also before you burn, check the image with DVDMulleter. If it's missing a stealth file(s), it will try to fix it, but usually I end up redownloading the whole image that's prepatched.

4. amooscuro
    OP

Cambodia
    The image was perfect when it was checked with DVDMulleter, so none of those files were missing.

edit : When I burned a .dvd file, there was no problem during the verification.

edit2: Also, I have Ixtreme 1.4. Wouldn't the firmware prevent me from booting an unsure copy?

5. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    Well then it looks like format conversion caused the mismatch.
    I don't trust the firmware's ability to perfectly hide any information obtained by inserting a non-perfectly burned disc. Because there are still people getting banned, and a lot of them seem to have used a coaster.

6. amooscuro
    OP

Cambodia
    I'll make sure to avoid/trash any kind of badburn from now on I guess. Too bad I already played with that one.

Thanks for the replies [​IMG]