Hacking Error: Could not get free device space for game Clean Rip 2.1.1

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is basically what happens to me every time I try and use Clean Rip 2.1.1
Do I need to be connected to the internet for this program to work correctly?
I'm stumbling across ALL SORTS of problems. Please some help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm even having trouble dumping the game on USB Loader GX.

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CoolMe I'm trying to rip Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door, for the Nintendo GameCube. I currently have a 320 GB hard drive attached to the Wii (in the correct spot of course) and I have a 32 GB MicroSD -> SD card inside the SD slot. I'm all ready for a game to be dumped, especially a 1.4GB game like this.

***Please note for further help among others***
I do already have a copy of the game but it's a PAL version. (No idea if that means anything or not but it's on my hard drive)
I have partitioned my hard drive to run both GC and Wii games off of it. BUT when I try to rip using Clean Rip to just rip it to my SD card it gives me errors, do I need to be connected to the internet to download whatever files I may need to make it work?

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CoolMe I'm trying to rip Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door, for the Nintendo GameCube. I currently have a 320 GB hard drive attached to the Wii (in the correct spot of course) and I have a 32 GB MicroSD -> SD card inside the SD slot. I'm all ready for a game to be dumped, especially a 1.4GB game like this.

***Please note for further help among others***
I do already have a copy of the game but it's a PAL version. (No idea if that means anything or not but it's on my hard drive)
I have partitioned my hard drive to run both GC and Wii games off of it. BUT when I try to rip using Clean Rip to just rip it to my SD card it gives me errors, do I need to be connected to the internet to download whatever files I may need to make it work?
Is the HDD formated as fat32 and as 1 Primary partition? It should rip to either the SDcard or the HDD same thing. What kind of error are you getting with CleanRip? And is your DVD clean and not scratched or something?

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold on let me go try again and I'll let you know.
The hard drive I have is partitioned as 2 parts one for GC games the other for Wii."
It was very tricky to set up but I did it with the help of this site.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold on let me go try again and I'll let you know.
The hard drive I have is partitioned as 2 parts one for GC games the other for Wii."
It was very tricky to set up but I did it with the help of this site.
I'm not aware of any benefit in doing so. Is your HDD recognized at all?

Last edited by CoolMe,

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it still loads everything else just fine.

Clean rip
"Write error"

Enable checksum calculations?
Yes or no?

Please select the device type
USB front SD

Please select the filesystem type
FAT or NTFS

Insert FAT32/NTFS formatted drive
Press A

Redump.org DAT files not found Download them now?
I choose no

Gets to about 4% then BOOM error

***I'm seriously thinking it has something to do with me not being connected to the internet, could be wrong though.***

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it still loads everything else just fine.

Clean rip
"Write error"

Enable checksum calculations?
Yes or no?

Please select the device type
USB front SD

Please select the filesystem type
FAT or NTFS

Insert FAT32/NTFS formatted drive
Press A

Redump.org DAT files not found Download them now?
I choose no

Gets to about 4% then BOOM error

***I'm seriously thinking it has something to do with me not being connected to the internet, could be wrong though.***
Does it attempt to check/compare your checksum with one on an online database, that's why it fails?

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I typed above ^^ is every screen I came across. I didn't see anything about checking/comparing my checksum (whatever that even is - inexperienced can you tell?) lol

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm I'll give a look (I just reset my WiFi password too) so if all else fails I've got a few things I can try. First I'll go see if the card is locked.

Reactions: Aheago

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Positive that the lock is off. I've given up for right now, I'll come back to it tomorrow, After I reset my router I couldn't get the internet to work. I'm getting really mad lol. But I know there's hope. I mean I've already got the PAL version as stated above and OWN the legal copy of the NTSC-U Version. SO all in all I know I'm good, I've got all the right equipment just need to let my modem update the new password (funny it updated on my PC and phone very quickly).

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Positive that the lock is off. I've given up for right now, I'll come back to it tomorrow, After I reset my router I couldn't get the internet to work. I'm getting really mad lol. But I know there's hope. I mean I've already got the PAL version as stated above and OWN the legal copy of the NTSC-U Version. SO all in all I know I'm good, I've got all the right equipment just need to let my modem update the new password (funny it updated on my PC and phone very quickly).
Do you have RiiConnect24 set up in order to connect online ?

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not. I usually just connect through Wii settings. Is RiiConnect24 better? (I know nothing of it) - Where is it even listed?
Somewhere in the settings? I will follow your words if you guide me correctly, I've just never used that before.
@CoolMe ***sorry for not tagging you in every post, just realized***

EDIT: I am on 4.1U if I haven't said so already. (If that makes any difference) @CoolMe

Last edited by BigDaddyWeaves,

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not. I usually just connect through Wii settings. Is RiiConnect24 better? (I know nothing of it) - Where is it even listed?
Somewhere in the settings? I will follow your words if you guide me correctly, I've just never used that before.
@CoolMe ***sorry for not tagging you in every post, just realized***
Just thought if you had it set up, since it needs it's own DNS in order to connect.. It's not necessary now, just check you don't have the Wii internet connection blocked/disabled..

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I know if it's blocked? / disabled? Where would I find that option? (I've connected before to the internet with it, I recently moved out of my mom's house into my own apartment and now everything is connecting but the Wii) BOTH Wii's to be exact. I tried hooking two up and they just MIGHT be blocked as you said, I just don't know how to change that option/setting. @CoolMe

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I know if it's blocked? / disabled? Where would I find that option? (I've connected before to the internet with it, I recently moved out of my mom's house into my own apartment and now everything is connecting but the Wii) BOTH Wii's to be exact. I tried hooking two up and they just MIGHT be blocked as you said, I just don't know how to change that option/setting. @CoolMe
Ok, based on what you said since both Wii didn't connect, there could something up with router.

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CoolMe I recently updated the password on it today, maybe I have to give certain devices a day or two to realize there are different settings? (Which is one of the reasons I thought taking a break for the day might be good).

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CoolMe I recently updated the password on it today, maybe I have to give certain devices a day or two to realize there are different settings? (Which is one of the reasons I thought taking a break for the day might be good).
You don't need to, just re-enter your passcode and test the connection again, with automatic DNS/IP.

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried again and still no dice, I'm gonna reset my modem again tomorrow and change the password. I did everything you said and still got an error and it spewed out "Can't connect to the internet" I'm growing tired of this but I did interfere with my modem when it was resetting I shall do it again. Idk why everything else is working but the damn Wii(s)?! Is there a setting in priiloader that disables an internet connection that I could have on? @CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [He will] only make $1.5 million per night after taxes. Poor guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My stupid computer chair keeps slowly going down, but I don't notice it goes down, until I'm like reaching up to my desk. I just bought this f er last year.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Does Bruno Mars is gay?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    K3nv2 would know...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only for Bakers
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard he has a Wario fetish, but only if no Wizards are around.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    jk with you Bakerman, much love. fist bump.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He really knows how to kneed the dough
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Man. I can't wait til CTGP 8 comes out on Switch, been waiting forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Boners Makes me wanna play Duck Hunt NES
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pooping nice
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is a "Poop de Boop"? I've heard it mentioned several times now but have no idea and can't find anything online bout it. Is it a British term for restroom/bathroom or something?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It is a perfume
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do we have virgin islands if it's populated
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They should change the name to K3Nv2's Mom islands. (Or before he responds, My Wifeys Islands)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah me saying that's more predictable than you talking about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hence urewifes so predictable she'd buy every man on the virgin islands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or they buy her
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    true dat, on that note I'ma try go get some myself, peace!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess she doesn't need to be bought she has your money
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/-GDjDECLDG0?si=MNEjk8rkmioj1xE2