Hacking Error code (ret = -4100)

Phibo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, guys I been spending the past 2 hrs trying to figure out why am I getting a error code RET = 1400. I just bought a black wii and followed the guide on sticky. Everything was fine until I try to load a game through a channel that i made with cloader. Now it keeps telling me that I have an Error: custom IOS could not be loaded! (ret = -4100). Can someone please help out with this? Thank you

P.S. i tried to use USBloader-GX and it would just crash.

kris39

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
correct me if im wrong butblack wii's are fitted wiv the d3-2 chipset that wont let you play coppied dvds but you can still play back up games through usb i use u loader on my black wii and it works fine

Phibo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I do that? I have tried updating the wii from 4.2u to 4.2u offline. that didnt help. I even format the wii and use the update through nintendo. Sorry for my lack of knowledge about the wii

kris39

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
get yourself a usb stick plug it in your comp and just drag and drop games into it or you could even buy an external dvd reader to plug into your usb port and as im led to believe that works as well:)

Phibo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have a HD with games. The problem is that its not even atempting to load my HD because its giving me a ret = -4100 error.

kris39

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
try soft moddin again this time with nus downloader type that into your google and down load it i bin told its quite good

kris39

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry mate forgot your hd if it has other info on it besides games you need to partition it cause your wii tries to read everything hence the errors

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you actually install cIOS?

Follow the guide in the sticky again. It sounds like the cIOS was never installed. You probably didn't patch IOS36 or didn't delete the stubs.

@Kris39: That's not correct. If the drive is formatted FAT32, the games can live happily along side other data...or at least they do for my friend.

Also, NUS Downloader will NOT softmod your wii. You might mean NUS Auto Downloader from XFlak...

kris39

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@techboy i was unaware of that i was encountering the same problem wiv mine and it was a friend that told me and now it works fine and yes i did mean nus auto downloader only just realised the typing error cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: now I have 3 mig switch. going to return these 2 to aliexpress tho