Hacking Homebrew game Error code 03-80-00 Unrecognized disc flashed XBOX 360

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also forgot to mention, that a bad burned game or incomplete game will still show up and you can see the game's image on the dash, you can launch/play it as wel, it'll show you the unrecognized/scratched disc pop up when you reach an area that's not on the disc. The unrecognized error on dash means a patched iso and you're disc drive is incompatible with. (I've run into both scenarios myself in the past, this is just my personal experience.)

Sedus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So you mean I have LT2 dash but LT3 patched games?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But if I patched NBA JAM why still working?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can find out if you hook the drive up to sata, but it's been too long. however, I'm pretty sure you can find out. I remember being able to dump the drive's firmware when I updated.

But if I patched NBA JAM why still working?

I still think it's the media. I think lt 3.0 for xgd3 support came out around 13xxx, which is when those games were added. seems strange that the old firmware was reflashed instead.

Sedus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Oh, NBA JAM and Dantes Inferno has ssv1 so maybe they still LT2 patched but if I patched NBA JAM why it works and every other games

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might want to mention that I never updated to lt 3.0, I had a jtag before that time. I did update for ap 2.5 iirc, new challenges.

Sedus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have several XGD3 games so I assume I has LT3, the fact is I patched NBA JAM and works is refute the whole LT2 and LT3 compatible theory on the other hand it really shows unrecognized disc instead of shows game's image as CoolMe said so the only thing I can do is burn one with Verbatim and we will see...

Sedus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Btw I downloaded London 2012 from 3 different sites and all the same, so I don't think this patch thing is exists at least with XGD2 games.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Sedus I'm all out, if the isos are Abgx checked and you're still encountering the issue, it's either the writer or the discs (assuming your 360 disc drive doesn't have any issues reading discs).

Sedus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
360 disc drive is a little bit tricky sometimes I need to hit to open and the tray can't close sometimes, but its works with every game I have around 20-30 games so yeah if those works my burns would be work too. I used 2 different writer one has minimum 4x speed so I will use the other, but with XGD2 games every burn was successful, the verify too so I think my writer is good.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Sedus It is preferred to burn discs at 2.4x slowly, to prevent any skips when writing data, i'm not saying that's the reason, it just something to keep in mind i guess. And if it reads all discs like you said then most likely the 360 drive is fine.

Sedus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thanks, the only working one was at 2.4x, the last thing is should I tick perform opc before write in Imgburn?

Sedus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I thought a little and I'm 99% sure not but what if I have LT2 and the whole problem is a big coincidence and for some reason only NBA JAM has LT2 topology data so thats why that working, so my question is when I run through abgx it should patch LT3 topology data to iso right?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure of that myself. it's been too long since I patched isos, and I think it was done differently when I was doing it. did you try the verbatim disc?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only way I know of to find out which lt version you're using is to check with jungle flasher. I don't remember if you have to dump the firmware or if it can check what's on the drive. I'm pretty sure it will tell you. you need a sata connector with your pc. the one I used when I flashed my drive -- only two of the four sata connectors worked with the drive for some reason, so it's finicky.

btw, I still own that pc, and it's hooked up. it's a dinosaur. the ethernet no longer works, and it has no wifi, so I can't get on the internet. everything else seems to work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.