Hacking Homebrew game Error code 03-80-00 Unrecognized disc flashed XBOX 360

Sedus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello everyone, I ran out of ideas, first of all my dashboard version or whatever is D:2.0.17559.0 - K:2.0.17559.0 (BK:2.0.1888.0)
I burned lot of disc 5-6 years ago and all of them worked perfectly and now I have this different console, I don't have special cd writer so I just want to burn XGD2 games, I tried 2 different writer (LG and Panasonic) of course both supports DL discs, unfortunately my old writer which can burn XGD3 games is lost. So I downloaded several XGD2 games for example fable3,f1 race stars,nba jam,dantes inferno,london 2012 olympics run through abgx 1.0.6 with the new .ini file and with all new stealthfiles and waves every game was perfect all green foremost (I used avarage settings mostly just autofix level3 but the iso not changed so I guess the iso was already patched well). The isos are 7.29GB so they has splitvid or what. I USED MAXELL DL DICSC with Imgburn and every burn was successful I performed verify too in Imgburn and everything was totally fine BUT 1 of 6 discs works which is NBA JAM all the rest says Unrecognized disc Error code 03-80-00 BUT all other old burned discs works fine so I don't think xbox has the problem. I tried everything, using 2 different cd writer,2,4x and 4x speed. My questions are the following if my cd writers are trash for some reason why NBA JAM works? If I should use Verbatim discs why NBA JAM works? If I run through the isos in abgx it says Min kernel required: v2.0.8955.0 for NBA JAM, I assume I have 2.0.17559 or 2.0.1888.0 does it matter? Someone can tell from dashboard version I have LT2 or LT3? My only idea is perform OPC before write in Imgburn.
I appreciate any help, I feel so dumb I can't burn a XGD2 game lol.

These are my ibg files, I'm not an expert but F1 race stars and NBA JAM seems same for me, why only NBA works?
In order: FABLE 3,NBA JAM,F1 RACE STARS,LONDON 2012,F1 RACE STARS 2ND attempt,DANTE'S INFERNO,FABLE 3 FAILED 4x speed

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's been about a decade since I've burned a 360 disc, but I think I always used verbatim (usually the best for systems like the 360, ps2, etc.) at 2.4x speed iirc. I've never encountered a disc that didn't work, so it could be bad media or a defective writer. it's probably not likely that it's the system or else all discs would probably fail. I think when a 360 doesn't read a disc or it's not flashed, it will say mixed media disc or something to that effect. it's supposed to be for demos, I think, since those can be played from a disc or a flash drive. however, it will also say that for discs that are not being read correctly. I've only burned xgd2 discs as well, which appears to be what you're doing, so it's not a truncated disc problem.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, 17559 is your dash kernel, and I think 1888 is the first firmware ever released for the 360. that is the latest. it shouldn't matter unless you updated from before 13xxx. 13xxx is when the system was reflashed for xgd3. if that had been the case, no discs would work, and you'd have that mixed media disc error instead.

Reactions: Sedus

Sedus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thanks, yeah I used only Verbatim in the past too but I don't think Maxell would be that bad, especially for XGD2 games and one disc is working so weird...

And other burned games from elsewhere works fine even XGD2 and XGD3, maybe I should try once with Verbatim

Last edited by Sedus,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably, most systems are very finicky about which discs will work, and that goes for other things like the ps2. however, verbatim is generally considered the best to use. the dye makes the discs easier to read than most. I haven't tried other discs with the 360, but I did try some non verbatims with the ps2. some worked; others didn't. a few of the discs even did the "please insert a playstation 1 or 2 disc" error like I had no modchip. verbatim has never had that problem for me with any system.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've ditched disc burning years and years ago but I assume you've setup ABGX like the tutorial I wrote?

Just to eliminate, try installing Windows 7 or Windows XP on a separate harddrive/ssd and just install IMGburn on there.
I've once got a few odd bad burns until I reinstalled the OS.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, the disc should still work even without abgx, but it won't be safe to use online. when I was patching discs, it was very basic. I think there's more to it now. the ss version, for example, there's an assumed value, then a verified value (ss version 2), but the assumed and verified are almost always the same, at least with xgd2 iirc.

Sedus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Oh yes my abgx totally fine and updated and looks like this, I'm pretty sure my ISO is good.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as i know, if iso's are patched to be read by 360 drives that has old firmware, like LT2, it won't work for you if your drive is LT3, it shows up as unrecognized disc. DL an iso that's not patched run it on Abgx, burn with 2.4x speed, you don't need to verify (some say it can mess up the img) and test.

Last edited by CoolMe,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
indeed, I don't think the iso needs to be patched for it to work. iirc, patching is only needed for stealth while online. I think there may be more to patching now than there was when I was burning discs. I only remember ss version and dmi.

Sedus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Its already patched, when I run through abgx everything already green and the ISO not modified, but if this true why NBA JAM works, I patched that too

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's most likely the media. some random no name brands work on my ps2, but only certain games. others have major problems. check the verbatim disc you have.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back when I were burning discs, I always used Verbatim.

indeed, there is no other with that level of quality. tdk and taiyo yuden are pretty good most of the time, especially the latter, but I read that the brand was sold to another company a while back. there's a specific brand of verbatim that's the best of the best, since it's essentially made by several companies, but I forgot which that was.

Sedus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Unfortunately 1pc Verbatim is 5dollar in my country but I struggled too much with this to worry about cost effectiveness.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/