OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I got a 2DS with sysNAND 8.1-E
I tried to access the eShop with rxTools and a 9.7 emuNAND, but when I did an error message with code 022-2634 appeared.
So I checked the internet settings which were fine, I also tried to access the NNID Settings over the System Settings menu but the same error appeared..

My system and emuNAND are unlinked, but the thing was, I kept the emuNAND with the saved NNID and formatted my sysNAND instead of the emuNAND to unlink both NANDs, was this the mistake that causes me this problem now??

Is there any software exploit where I can restore my old sysNAND backup which wasn't formatted? I really don't want to make a hardware mod since I don't have the proper soldering tools at hand..

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
You'll need to manually unlink emunand and relink since you unlinked NNID in sysnand. This removed your console from Nintendo servers so emunand won't connect to your NNID anymore.

The only way to fix this is to relink emunand. (you can't relink sysnand now because it will ask you to update it). You can do that without formatting emunand I believe. Just delete the system save game for the act module which is where NNID info is stored. use rxtools to extract ctrnand.bin from emunand (make a backup before you do this). Then use WinImage to edit the decrypted FAT16 file. You should delete the the save game for act module located at Data\ID0\000202C0 for USA consoles.

If you don't use a USA region console the save game will be in a different folder. I've listed the 2 other possibilities below:

Japan:
Data\ID0\000202BF
Europe:
Data\ID0\000202C1

"ID0" is the folder which file name is a long string of letters and numbers. It's file name is generated via movable.sed file in the private folder so it is unique to your current configuration and will not have the same file name on other consoles.

Once the file is deleted reimport ctrnand and setup NNID again. If it still doesn't work, you may also have to delete save games for system settings and config. Refer to this site for information on where they will be located:

http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/System_SaveData

Note that if you have to delete the save game for config the console will behave as if it was formatted next time you boot it. It will ask for language and you would go through the setup menu as if it was reset. Don't worry though, your current friend code and all associated software is still present. The only thing you lose is your primary Mii (and perhaps any other Miis you might have made in Mii Maker). But everything else will still be there.

If you don't want to go through all that, you can backup emunand, transfer sysnand to emunand, update it through system settings, then relink NNID. Then restore your emunand backup. The linked NNID in your emunand will work again. ;)

Reactions: Mrrraou and SMVB64

shawly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh thanks for the detailed answer!
Alright since I don't really mind if I have to resetup everything I think I'll transfer my sysNAND to emuNAND again, not like the other way is too complicated, but it's way more work and I don't have anything saved that I'd need anyway.

So I'll transfer the sysNAND, then update my emuNAND to 9.5, backup the emuNAND (so I have a fresh 9.5 emuNAND for GW, I like to start from zero), update it to 9.7 and use rxTools to access eShop, download the updates for Pokemon and my other games and then restore my 9.5 emuNAND so Gateway can boot it and I could play the games with the updates, since the updates are saved on the FAT32 partition of the SDcard (like someone here told me), am I right?

Because I already tried to install the .cia versions of the updates, but if I mount the game and click on update it says it wants to update the console to finish the update and since GW doesn't work with 9.6+ emuNAND I can't.. this likely won't happen if I do it the way I described above, right?

Edit: Yuuush works like a charm, now I could update my games to play online again <333333

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You'll need to manually unlink emunand and relink since you unlinked NNID in sysnand. This removed your console from Nintendo servers so emunand won't connect to your NNID anymore.

The only way to fix this is to relink emunand. (you can't relink sysnand now because it will ask you to update it). You can do that without formatting emunand I believe. Just delete the system save game for the act module which is where NNID info is stored. use rxtools to extract ctrnand.bin from emunand (make a backup before you do this). Then use WinImage to edit the decrypted FAT16 file. You should delete the the save game for act module located at Data\ID0\000202C0 for USA consoles.

If you don't use a USA region console the save game will be in a different folder. I've listed the 2 other possibilities below:

Japan:
Data\ID0\000202BF
Europe:
Data\ID0\000202C1

"ID0" is the folder which file name is a long string of letters and numbers. It's file name is generated via movable.sed file in the private folder so it is unique to your current configuration and will not have the same file name on other consoles.

Once the file is deleted reimport ctrnand and setup NNID again. If it still doesn't work, you may also have to delete save games for system settings and config. Refer to this site for information on where they will be located:

http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/System_SaveData

Note that if you have to delete the save game for config the console will behave as if it was formatted next time you boot it. It will ask for language and you would go through the setup menu as if it was reset. Don't worry though, your current friend code and all associated software is still present. The only thing you lose is your primary Mii (and perhaps any other Miis you might have made in Mii Maker). But everything else will still be there.

I'm avery noob here .. how do I import this? I lookd aroudnd RXTools but can't find wwhere to extract this :x

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Japan:
Data\ID0\000202BF
Europe:
Data\ID0\000202C1

is there anywhere else the NNID login data can be stored? i've deleted the folder you mentioned (000202c1 for EUR) and system config & system settings. and then reimported it (my rxtools seems to get stuck while importing though. but i had to set up the emunand again so it seems to have worked) is there a different homebrew i can use to import ctrnand?

Last edited by dimmidice,

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
There isn't. Perhaps the files you are importing are from a different movable.sed seed. If it is, you can't mix and match system save data. It's encrypted the same way as content on the SD card or at the least authenticated in the same way.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There isn't. Perhaps the files you are importing are from a different movable.sed seed. If it is, you can't mix and match system save data. It's encrypted the same way as content on the SD card or at the least authenticated in the same way.
i dumped them myself, removed the folders using winimage and then imported them back. should be the same moveable.sed seed then right? i suspect my rxtools isn't properly importing. when dumping emunand for example it just keeps going and going for ever and ever til its used up all the size on the SD. when importing ctrnand it just keeps going and going. i let it run for 50+ mins the other day and it still hadn't finished. even though i got to the ctrnand stage in under 5 minutes.

i'l look into fixing rxtools first somehow.

Last edited by dimmidice,

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Could be an issue with rxTools. A while back I've manually imported said files by using xorpads on a emunand dump on my computer and reimporting the changed result. It's how I manually transfered my games/save games from a bricked 3DS onto a 3DS XL (you just need to edit the movable.sed first as you can't just use one from a different console without first chopping off some bytes and altering the header). So I know the concept works. So I suspect what you're using isn't doing it right.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Jow Banks

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im using a n3ds on 9.2.0-U

so is there any way to inject a working NNID from emunand into sysnand ?
my eshop was working in emunand - i never set it up in sysnand

I know HANS can access eshop now from sysnand only - but HANS doesnt let me setup my NNID in sysnand :( :(

Last edited by Jow Banks,

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You'll need to manually unlink emunand and relink since you unlinked NNID in sysnand. This removed your console from Nintendo servers so emunand won't connect to your NNID

If you don't want to go through all that, you can backup emunand, transfer sysnand to emunand, update it through system settings, then relink NNID. Then restore your emunand backup. The linked NNID in your emunand will work again. ;)

Sorry for the bump, but I'll just like to clarify one thing, does the login have to the be exactly the same on emuNAND when I inject sysNAND into emuNAND? I forgot my NNID password and would changing the pass code stop it from re linking?
Thanks -SM

Last edited by SMVB64,
D

Deleted-236924

is there anywhere else the NNID login data can be stored? i've deleted the folder you mentioned (000202c1 for EUR) and system config & system settings. and then reimported it (my rxtools seems to get stuck while importing though. but i had to set up the emunand again so it seems to have worked) is there a different homebrew i can use to import ctrnand?
Backup emunand with emunand tool, system format emunand in 3DS system settings, link your NNID in NNID settings, then restore your previous emunand backup to your SD card.
That's what I did when I had this error, because I had system formatted my emunand and then restored a backup where NNID was already linked right afterwards without touching NNID settings in the formatted emunand.

Last edited by ,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
problem is i think i deleted the NNID. i just ended up doing a fresh emunand and just reinstall everything i needed. have to do it again on my bros DS tomorrow.

D

Deleted-236924

Oh yeah, well, if you deleted the NNID, don't think it'd ever be useable anymore, I'm afraid :/

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the bump, but I'll just like to clarify one thing, does the login have to the be exactly the same on emuNAND when I inject sysNAND into emuNAND? I forgot my NNID password and would changing the pass code stop it from re linking?
Thanks -SM

Yes login info needs to be the same on both. If you update the password on emunand (or sysnand, whichever you did it in). Then you have change the password on the old one.

Both nands have to have been setup on the same user name and password. Although you may be able to update the password on one if it's out of date. I don't know for sure if the password is set in stone or not. The username however I know for a fact is something you can't change once it's set. At least not without wiping out system save data for a couple specific system modules that handle NNID.

But relinking it means you have to unlink it from the other nand first (and then use a backup to restore it once things are setup again as you don't have to be stuck with the new formatted nand. With a few swaps with backups, you can get the original back on NNID. However at least one of the nands will need to be wiped if you decide not to go through the trouble of finding out which system modules hold NNID info and wiping their save data.

(Refer to 3Dbrew website on info for that if you want to try this. You need to be able to decrypt, modify, and reencrypt the NAND image you will be removing save data from. NNID save data is not stored on SD card since it's handled by the system.)

I recall there was an option to save the password. I assume it it was no longer correct, you'd just have to go back to the NNID settings and change it. But it's been awhile since I've used my 3DS and haven't messed with NNID settings in quite a while. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: SMVB64

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But relinking it means you have to unlink it from the other nand first (and then use a backup to restore it once things are setup again as you don't have to be stuck with the new formatted nand. With a few swaps with backups, you can get the original back on NNID. However at least one of the nands will need to be wiped if you decide not to go through the trouble of finding out which system modules hold NNID info and wiping their save data.

(Refer to 3Dbrew website on info for that if you want to try this. You need to be able to decrypt, modify, and reencrypt the NAND image you will be removing save data from. NNID save data is not stored on SD card since it's handled by the system.)

I recall there was an option to save the password. I assume it it was no longer correct, you'd just have to go back to the NNID settings and change it. But it's been awhile since I've used my 3DS and haven't messed with NNID settings in quite a while. :P

This is really good information!
Ill reset the NNID pass code, then inject my sysNAND over my emuNAND(sysnand has been wiped) setup NNID on emuNAND then inject my old emuNAND which had the old NNID and my data. Should work hopefully

Update: It worked like a charm! It said the password was incorrect and I was able to update it. Thanks for your help, I though I lost my account for sure

Last edited by SMVB64,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse