Misc Error code 003-1103 (Can't connect online and it's xmas...)

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm getting this error code all morning now on my 2DS when trying to connect online. The Nintendo servers page says they are all working fine and my internet is too, yet I can't connect at all. I've tried everything from deleting and making the network setup again to manually setting the IP, with the exception of power resetting the router (as it's literally impossible). I want to play online on xmas! Anyone has any advice? I know a similar thread probably exists, but it's old and I want to know if others are having the same issue too, which could mean it's the servers, as Ninty's servers are known to go down often during the holidays...

PS: I should mention that it worked perfectly up until like 3 hours ago

Last edited by ThoD,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm getting this error code all morning now on my 2DS when trying to connect online. The Nintendo servers page says they are all working fine and my internet is too, yet I can't connect at all. I've tried everything from deleting and making the network setup again to manually setting the IP, with the exception of power resetting the router (as it's literally impossible). I want to play online on xmas! Anyone has any advice? I know a similar thread probably exists, but it's old and I want to know if others are having the same issue too, which could mean it's the servers, as Ninty's servers are known to go down often during the holidays...

PS: I should mention that it worked perfectly up until like 3 hours ago
hmmmm. not sure what to say about this. I tried loading up smash bros and I seem to be able to spec games online without issues.

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hmmmm. not sure what to say about this. I tried loading up smash bros and I seem to be able to spec games online without issues.
Then I guess it's on my end, but no matter what I try it just won't let me connect! I was hoping for playing something online now in the morning, guess that's yet another bad start to Christmas for me... Oh well, I'll keep trying to fix this.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then I guess it's on my end, but no matter what I try it just won't let me connect! I was hoping for playing something online now in the morning, guess that's yet another bad start to Christmas for me... Oh well, I'll keep trying to fix this.
Hmmmm. I do hope you the best for being able to get that fixed soon.

Reactions: ThoD

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"with the exception of power resetting the router (as it's literally impossible)"
How can it NOT be possible? Unplug the power cable, wait a few seconds and plug it in. Done.

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
"with the exception of power resetting the router (as it's literally impossible)"
How can it NOT be possible? Unplug the power cable, wait a few seconds and plug it in. Done.
If I could do that, I would have, take a hint:P I'm not using a modem, I'm using a second antenna to relay my cable connection to my 3DS and setting it up with the "netsh" command. Meaning literally impossible, the most I can do is turn it off and on, which I already did. Also, I've tested my connection to my computer and it's working perfectly with no package loss more than 0.4%, so it's definitely something between the netsh command and my 3DS. May be the antenna, may be something else, I don't know, but my mobile connects just fine on the exact same setup (just tried it).

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine does this from time to time as well, though the error codes vary. The only thing that I found to fix it aside from restarting the entire router is giving my 3DS priority in Google Wifi. If you have access to the router, you could try forwarding any necessary ports to the 3DS, but that can be a major pain. I've seen some people say that turning off the sharing data with friends helps. but I can't say if that actually does anything.
Apparently, it could be due to a security mismatch between the 3DS and router/modem. Maybe this will help.

Usually this problem comes and goes randomly for me. I don't know why it happens or what occurs that fixes it.
One of the common error codes I get is 001-0502, but I think I've had yours once or twice.
Best of luck fixing this!

EDIT:
Adding something I just found, this could be of help if you haven't come across it yet.

Last edited by Magical Sheep,

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Mine does this from time to time as well, though the error codes vary. The only thing that I found to fix it aside from restarting the entire router is giving my 3DS priority in Google Wifi. If you have access to the router, you could try forwarding any necessary ports to the 3DS, but that can be a major pain. I've seen some people say that turning off the sharing data with friends helps. but I can't say if that actually does anything.
Aparently, it could be due to a security mismatch between the 3DS and router/modem. Maybe this will help.

Usually this problem comes and goes randomly for me. I don't know why it happens or what occurs that fixes it.
One of the common error codes I get is 001-0502, but I think I've had yours once or twice.
Best of luck fixing this!
I've already tried these unfortunately. For me, only error I usually get is that -006 one that goes away if I simply restart the system. I just tried using my other antenna and tried everything all over, but to no avail... I'm sure the problem is with the 2DS, as other devices connect just fine and it can't be the signal strength as I'm literally sitting next to the relay! The antenna I just tried it with is also one of those that can reach 2.7KM distance (yes, that long, but it's huge) and still nothing, so definitely not signal problems, lol

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already tried these unfortunately. For me, only error I usually get is that -006 one that goes away if I simply restart the system. I just tried using my other antenna and tried everything all over, but to no avail... I'm sure the problem is with the 2DS, as other devices connect just fine and it can't be the signal strength as I'm literally sitting next to the relay! The antenna I just tried it with is also one of those that can reach 2.7KM distance (yes, that long, but it's huge) and still nothing, so definitely not signal problems, lol
Hmm... Do you know if any recent changes to your setup could have done anything? the 3DS seems really finicky when it comes to network stuff. I don't really understand your setup right now, but that could be slightly because it's 4am where I am and I should be sleeping. The only thing I can come up with right now is a possible config change that caused an incompatibility between the two systems. (Total speculation because I have no idea how netsh works.)
You could always try using your phone as a temporary hotspot if you have the data and your phone supports that kind of thing. Unfortunately, that's all I got for this. I really hope you manage to fix it soon though. Good luck again! :D

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why is it literally impossible to power cycle your router me thinks your stealing nabors wifi

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
why is it literally impossible to power cycle your router me thinks your stealing nabors wifi
I already explained why above...

Anyway, it's back to working right now. But still 4+ hours with no internet, there goes my morning session... It's almost midday now:sad:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it