Misc Error 86420 Mario kart DS

B-BoyMP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Hello, i have a problem with my MKDS in Wi-Fi , when i launch the search, i don't find any player (i find 1 player in one minute and i miss it), and after 2 or 3 minutes, i have the rerror code 86420.
hate2.gif

i am using Nintendo DS tank, Original MKDS game, connection: 512 kbps, Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector (became an access point now)
unsure.gif

what can i do for resolve the problem
unsure.gif

Thanks

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I get this problem as well. Make sure nothing else is using the connection at the same time. You could try and remove to connector and plug it back in after 5-10 minutes.

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When loading the game in M3DS Real did you launch it using "Download Play [Y]" will be in same menu as when you can select cheats etc etc

MKDS on my M3 gave me problems until I now load it this way.

B-BoyMP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I will try, but i thinks the download play is just for download play XD not for Wi-Fi, (and i have the same problem with tetris, i have 25% for find 1 player)

thanks for you replys

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
roms have to be a set size to fit in the nds cart memory. 32/64/128 etc. so if a game is say 23 megs in size they pad the end of the file with dummy data (all zeros). a rom trimmer can cut that data out and thus drop your roms down in size to help you fit more on your msd. none of the trimmers work perfectly, some cause issues with download play. others believe they also affect the wifi play. that is why you were asked if you trimmed your rom or not.

i've had issues with MK on my R4 before. sometimes sitting right in front of my router it won't acquire a signal. then i'll go on c|irc or some other homebrew and everything is working. but when it does acquire the signal it never drops it. it just seems that the wifi code in MK is pretty crappy at times. try walking a few feet away, or moving the ds up or to the side as wifi signals travel out in bursts up and out, they don't enter the air in a spherical pattern.

-another world

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I had this problem after getting my new wireless modem/router. Nintendo has a page up about it. None of the earlier steps worked, so ultimately I had to go with the ugly solution of opening all ports for my DS to access.

I found four ports listed on a number of sites as the ones the DS needs; those are 28910, 29900, 29901 and 29920, but with just those four ports open I wasn't able to play either Mario Kart or Animal Crossing's wifi modes. I've been hoping I might find a more thorough list somewhere so that I can just open the necessary ports instead of every single damn one, but no luck so far.

B-BoyMP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Vague Rant said:
I had this problem after getting my new wireless modem/router. Nintendo has a page up about it. None of the earlier steps worked, so ultimately I had to go with the ugly solution of opening all ports for my DS to access.

I found four ports listed on a number of sites as the ones the DS needs; those are 28910, 29900, 29901 and 29920, but with just those four ports open I wasn't able to play either Mario Kart or Animal Crossing's wifi modes. I've been hoping I might find a more thorough list somewhere so that I can just open the necessary ports instead of every single damn one, but no luck so far.

can you just tell me please, how open a port for nintendo DS
unsure.gif

thanks

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i have every port blocked on my router. i'm using the NAT firewall as well. nintendo is full of it, they tell you to unblock ports because debugging each router individually would take to long. do you have your ssid set to public broadcast? although its reported to not be needed for retail games it might help aquire a signal. also are you using channel 1, 6 or 11 as those are required by the ds. finally the ds can only use 802.11b or a b/g mode and wep (or no) encryption. make sure all of this is set up correctly and debug those settings before you mess with opening ports.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse