Error 86420 Mario kart DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by B-BoyMP, Jul 28, 2008.

Jul 28, 2008

Error 86420 Mario kart DS by B-BoyMP at 8:04 PM (2,973 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. B-BoyMP
    OP

Newcomer B-BoyMP Advanced Member

Algeria
    Hello, i have a problem with my MKDS in Wi-Fi , when i launch the search, i don't find any player (i find 1 player in one minute and i miss it), and after 2 or 3 minutes, i have the rerror code 86420. [​IMG]

i am using Nintendo DS tank, Original MKDS game, connection: 512 kbps, Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector (became an access point now) [​IMG]

what can i do for resolve the problem [​IMG]

Thanks

2. Cykoduck

Newcomer Cykoduck Member

Australia
    I have this problem too.

With my Cyclods with Mariokart

I don't have any problems with Tetris Wifi

3. X D D X

Member X D D X GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    I get this problem as well. Make sure nothing else is using the connection at the same time. You could try and remove to connector and plug it back in after 5-10 minutes.

4. IOwnAndPwnU

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Did you trim your rom?

5. B-BoyMP
    OP

Algeria
    sorry for this late reply, what is "trim rom"

thanks you

6. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    I guess you didnt.

Trimming is deleting dummy files on a rom so it becomes smaller in size.

7. B-BoyMP
    OP

Algeria
    no i didn't done anythink to the Rom (now i am using M3 DS Real)

8. Flawsdraw

Member Flawsdraw GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    When loading the game in M3DS Real did you launch it using "Download Play [Y]" will be in same menu as when you can select cheats etc etc

MKDS on my M3 gave me problems until I now load it this way.

9. B-BoyMP
    OP

Algeria
    I will try, but i thinks the download play is just for download play XD not for Wi-Fi, (and i have the same problem with tetris, i have 25% for find 1 player)

thanks for you replys

10. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    roms have to be a set size to fit in the nds cart memory. 32/64/128 etc. so if a game is say 23 megs in size they pad the end of the file with dummy data (all zeros). a rom trimmer can cut that data out and thus drop your roms down in size to help you fit more on your msd. none of the trimmers work perfectly, some cause issues with download play. others believe they also affect the wifi play. that is why you were asked if you trimmed your rom or not.

i've had issues with MK on my R4 before. sometimes sitting right in front of my router it won't acquire a signal. then i'll go on c|irc or some other homebrew and everything is working. but when it does acquire the signal it never drops it. it just seems that the wifi code in MK is pretty crappy at times. try walking a few feet away, or moving the ds up or to the side as wifi signals travel out in bursts up and out, they don't enter the air in a spherical pattern.

-another world

11. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    I had this problem after getting my new wireless modem/router. Nintendo has a page up about it. None of the earlier steps worked, so ultimately I had to go with the ugly solution of opening all ports for my DS to access.

I found four ports listed on a number of sites as the ones the DS needs; those are 28910, 29900, 29901 and 29920, but with just those four ports open I wasn't able to play either Mario Kart or Animal Crossing's wifi modes. I've been hoping I might find a more thorough list somewhere so that I can just open the necessary ports instead of every single damn one, but no luck so far.

12. B-BoyMP
    OP

Algeria
    can you just tell me please, how open a port for nintendo DS [​IMG]

thanks

13. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i have every port blocked on my router. i'm using the NAT firewall as well. nintendo is full of it, they tell you to unblock ports because debugging each router individually would take to long. do you have your ssid set to public broadcast? although its reported to not be needed for retail games it might help aquire a signal. also are you using channel 1, 6 or 11 as those are required by the ds. finally the ds can only use 802.11b or a b/g mode and wep (or no) encryption. make sure all of this is set up correctly and debug those settings before you mess with opening ports.

-another world