Error 52000!

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by sphere9, Nov 30, 2007.

Nov 30, 2007

Error 52000! by sphere9 at 12:56 AM (4,712 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. sphere9
    OP

Member sphere9 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I'm trying to hook my DS upto my new WGR613VAL router running on WEP encryption, i've disabled the SPI Firewall and my Wii seems to think that the router is great and picks it up fine, however when I try to use my DS i keep getting error 52000,

"Unable to obtain IP address. Move within range of the acess point or check DHCP settings. For help visit www.nintendowifi.com

is the result for the error code.

please help me [​IMG]

P.S I have my computer configured to a static ip if that helps at all...

2. sphere9
    OP

Member sphere9 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    does anyone have any ideas? [​IMG]

3. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    all i can think of is

1. enter some of the settings manually on your ds (that may have been set automatically before) if i remember correctly - ip address is one of them.
    2. meddle with the DHCP settings of the router... assign your ds properly.
    3. temporarily try it with security settings (wep key etc) disabled, to see if ds can connect this way.

maybe the wii is more compatable with access points. i know that the ds is incompatible with some routers.

good luck, i hope that helps or that someone else could share more light on the problem.

4. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Hi guys.

I bought this from ebay and am also getting the same error as the TC.

I am also connected to the net using mobile internet via usb dongle.

Here is my ipconfig:

Code:
    >ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂHost Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : mc-2828b7af04a7
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂPrimary Dns SuffixÂÂ. . . . . . . :
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂNode Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂIP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂWINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

PPP adapter 3 USB Modem:

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂConnection-specific DNS SuffixÂÂ. :
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂDescription . . . . . . . . . . . : WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂPhysical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-53-45-00-00-00
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂDhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂIP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 92.40.61.33
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂSubnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂDefault Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 92.40.61.33
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂDNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 4.2.2.3
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ4.2.2.4
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂPrimary WINS Server . . . . . . . : 10.11.12.13
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂSecondary WINS Server . . . . . . : 10.11.12.14
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂNetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 4:

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂConnection-specific DNS SuffixÂÂ. :
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂDescription . . . . . . . . . . . : (ZD1211B)IEEE 802.11 b+g USB Adapter

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂPhysical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0A-52-7B-84-82
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂDhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂAutoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂAutoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.13.225
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂSubnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂDefault Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
    Any help would be great as these suposedly work with the DS Lite and it finds it as an access point ok but fails for IP.

I tried what the TC posted from Nintendo's website and used 92.40.61.43 for the address of the DS, is this correct?

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    sphere9: does the wii not require WPA encryption? i could have sworn i read that somewhere, but as i don't own one i'm not sure. the nds requires WEP encryption and will not work on WPA while connected directly to the router unless your router allows you to set up different encryptions per IP address. the other way would be to use a wifi dongle which just forwards packets from your pc to the network, that way the nds is talking to the pc not the router and WPA can be used.

the nds requires:
    wep 64/128 (or no encryption)
    802.11b (only!!)
    channels 1, 6 or 11
    ssid set to public broadcast

nintendo recommends you turn off any range enhancing features and that you change the defult ssid of the router as the initial handshake is based on the ssid identifier. two or more of the same ssid names in the same area can cause conflict.

make sure your router is set up this way or the nds can not access it and get online. try more than one thing on the network. try a game, a rom, a homebrew, etc.

configuring the dns and other aspects is another conversation. try the above first...

post back so we can keep trying to help you.

Thug4L1f3: your link says the page has been moved, so i can't check to see exactly what you purchased. i have not used a dongle but i have read up on them. from what i've read there is a fine line between configuring the dongle to work with the pc and having it actually work. sometimes you need to go in and adjust how the pc does certain things on the network, all of which are impossible to comment on as i'm not infront of your computer =/.

even the official nintendo dongle is not error proof. it required some hacks to run on some systems, tweaks to run on others, and i've read about people that tried it all and could never get it up and running. it is no wonder nintendo has dropped official support of these devices and now recommends the purchase of a router/wifi access point instead.

the idea of raising your IP range by 10 digits is to make sure nothing on the network will conflict. lets say you have 10 computers all with static IP addresses set in the operating system, then the ds connects and gets assigned an IP already in use but not currently active because that device isn't online, you will have a confliction issue. so they recommend you set an IP range. i personally let all of my pcs get their own IP when connected to the router, my nds works the same way. i only use two port forward rules so i don't have serious issues if the pc using the rules has a sudden IP change.

i wish i could be of more help -- my advice to you is to google for a walk through on the dongle you purchased. post back with the name/type/serial numbers etc and i'll help you look as well.

cheers,
    -another world

6. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Hi m8 thanks for the reply!

I
    C
    S

lol I had it turned off, all working now auto set itself up too [​IMG]
    Weird that link don't work you maybe it's a region thing it works for me still. The dongle is a WiFi Link btw.

If anyone wants to be my brotherband on mega man star force PM me. I'm lv.30 Dragon version, know it sounds gay but it's not I swear!!!internetz11!
    If you have the Lunar Knight chips I'll also love you long time [​IMG]