Gaming Error 2618-0516, is Anyone having it? can help please?

Xabring

OP
Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I did the global test, but looks like my NAT connection hates me:
R2aHtab.jpg

and sorry if is not in english, but it's NOT my default language :P

anyway, it basically says it's a problem with NAT, and if it goes on, my connection is insuitable for online gaming, despite being able to play PC games 95% lag free at times, (or with no issues at all). which is weird, since I have done pretty munch changed everything in the nat (from DMZ to no firewall at all) and nothing. I think it's the IPS the problem...but I need to be sure.

have anyone have this similar problem?

it's from the splatoon test, by the way.

Xabring

OP
Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
that's the problem! I already fixed the NAT type situation and still get the error:
H7T5i0s.jpg

but I don't know what it is again. Which is sad since I have that problem since the original splatoon. (yes, I still have a wii u) and well...15 seconds in-game and suddenly, I am kicked out.

Last edited by Xabring, , Reason: Adding wii u problem

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
that's the problem! I already fixed the NAT type situation and still get the error:
H7T5i0s.jpg

but I don't know what it is again. Which is sad since I have that problem since the original splatoon. (yes, I still have a wii u) and well...15 seconds in-game and suddenly, I am kicked out.
I had the exact same problem when I had a slow connection or was too far away from the wireless access point.

Reactions: Xabring

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
H7T5i0s.jpg

Is UPnP enabled in your router? You might have to enable it.
Alternatively, follow these instructions: http://en-americas-support.nintendo...-port-fowarding-for-a-nintendo-switch-console
Edit: Following those instructions might be a bad idea, just realized they tell you to forward every single UDP port to the Switch, which will mess with anything you play that uses UDP port forwarding over UPnP, like a lot of games do. WTF Nintendo...

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, then I should try with the wired connection to see if there's a problem with the router.
Not even necessarily a problem, but Switch does seem to like faster dual-band routers despite the caps on dl/ul speed. Wouldn't be a bad idea to upgrade for the benefit of all your devices if your router is aging.

Reactions: Xabring

Xabring

OP
Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Not even necessarily a problem, but Switch does seem to like faster dual-band routers despite the caps on dl/ul speed. Wouldn't be a bad idea to upgrade for the benefit of all your devices if your router is aging.
I had to add openwrt to the router and it didn't have any problem with absolutely nothing, NOT EVEN SMASH (on both on 3DS and WII u) but no matter what I did, Splatoon was the ONLY game that didn't work properly.

Reactions: Xzi

kingraa777

boom!
Trophies
XP
Country
im not the only one haveing issues to the op just out of interest do you get these problems still when the switch is in handheld or tabletop mode ???

Birdie1923

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been getting this too (in both Splatoon 2 and FAST RMX), and I've tried all of the following, but nothing has worked:
- Manually entering IP and DNS (even using the ones recommended by Nintendo themselves)
- Attempting wired and wireless connections
- Hard resets of both console and router
- Port forwarding
- Changing NAT Type in router settings
- Disabling firewall
- Changing wifi security settings
(All of these tried when the console is both docked and undocked)

This really annoyed me, as I've missed the first Splatoon 2 Global Testfire, and I'm sure I'm going to miss the rest now...

Last edited by Birdie1923,

kingraa777

boom!
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been getting this too (in both Splatoon 2 and FAST RMX), and I've tried all of the following, but nothing has worked:
- Manually entering IP and DNS (even using the ones recommended by Nintendo themselves)
- Attempting wired and wireless connections
- Hard resets of both console and router
- Port forwarding
- Changing NAT Type in router settings
- Disabling firewall
- Changing wifi security settings
(All of these tried when the console is both docked and undocked)

This really annoyed me, as I've missed the first Splatoon 2 Global Testfire, and I'm sure I'm going to miss the rest now...

same games for me awsell!!! i take it your trying whilst docked ?!?!? do me a favour if you try the next testfire try in HANDHELD or TABLETOP mode and let me know if it works i played the last half hour of the testfire in handheld mode and it seemed fine ,oh wait just seen that you have ?"?

Birdie1923

Trophies
XP
Country
same games for me awsell!!! i take it your trying whilst docked ?!?!? do me a favour if you try the next testfire try in HANDHELD or TABLETOP mode and let me know if it works i played the last half hour of the testfire in handheld mode and it seemed fine ,oh wait just seen that you have ?"?

As far as I can tell, it seems to be an issue where my router is incompatible with online multiplayer on the Switch. I believe it has something to do with the NAT type, as whenever I game online on my PC, it notifies me that my NAT Type is Strict. This would explain why I can access the eShop etc. but not play online multiplayer. Unfortunately my router settings only permit me to change the NAT to "On" or "Off" (and if I set it to Off, I lose internet connection completely).
It may simply be coincidence that you were able to play in handheld mode, as I have heard that some people's NAT changes randomly throughout the day.

Xabring

OP
Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I followed your advice and tried with another router, guess I have to start saving for a newer one after all. (and with stock firmware, but well, I learned to Pimp a router anyways) It was the modem rather than the router by the way. It's a complicated matter in my particular case. TLTR, I changed the modem instead, it works now. Thank you!

im not the only one haveing issues to the op just out of interest do you get these problems still when the switch is in handheld or tabletop mode ???
Got em TREE of all, handeld, tabletop and docked (with usb adapter), but the problem wasn't the router, it was the modem. o boy, gotta get better wifi anyways.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Got em TREE of all, handeld, tabletop and docked (with usb adapter), but the problem wasn't the router, it was the modem. o boy, gotta get better wifi anyways.
Always better to go wired but even still, the Switch internet connection is partly wired. Also, good to know you got them
106062_tree_512x512.png
. :P

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As far as I can tell, it seems to be an issue where my router is incompatible with online multiplayer on the Switch. I believe it has something to do with the NAT type, as whenever I game online on my PC, it notifies me that my NAT Type is Strict. This would explain why I can access the eShop etc. but not play online multiplayer. Unfortunately my router settings only permit me to change the NAT to "On" or "Off" (and if I set it to Off, I lose internet connection completely).
It may simply be coincidence that you were able to play in handheld mode, as I have heard that some people's NAT changes randomly throughout the day.
Does your router not have a DMZ option?

To put it simply, If you set your switch to operate in the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) your router puts it outside the NAT. If you tell me your router make/model I could possibly help you. Most routers have this option.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or you can just forward ALL ports to your Switch through NAT.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/651/~/how-to-set-up-port-forwarding

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have heard that some people's NAT changes randomly throughout the day.
Network Address Translation is a simple routing function (hence the name router) it does not dynamically change. What you are probably hearing about is UPnP or Universal Plug and Play in which, to put it simply, the router senses what ports you need to be open and dynamically opens them while you are playing the game.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs