Error 222001 with Opinion Channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by snake-viper, Mar 31, 2007.

Mar 31, 2007
  1. snake-viper
    OP

Newcomer snake-viper Member

Spain
    Then if, that is the error that the puñetero channel opinion sends now. Despues to have problems whereupon says to the channel the news to me and the channel time that "the configuration of the Wii does not allow to use wiiconnect24 now" and this IF he is ta activated in his totality, this, saying to me that it cannot establish connection to inernet. In google nonencounter nothing. Somebody with the same error?
    Some solution?

greetings and thanks

PD:Sorry for my english

2. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    I sent you a private message.

(Yo le mandé un mensaje privado.)

3. snake-viper
    OP

Spain
    Yes, I have activated Wiiconnect 24, the problem is there, that is activated completely, with the way in delay also activated, but it does not work... is rare, happened after giving format to the console

4. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    So, you're saying you formatted your console?

If you did, were all your channels from before the format still there?

5. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Si lo esistes, todavía estan las Channels que estaban antes de la formacion?

My Spanish is a bit non-formal... [​IMG]

6. snake-viper
    OP

Spain
    Tube that to give format to the console, so that the configuration of the Wii was lost completely. When clearing the battery, the console loses the configuration. Then, I gave format to the console and happened east error. It seems to be that all the one that gives format undergoes east error, is possible that it is problem of firmware of the console.

Some solution?

PD:It writes in English if you prefer it, I understand the language and in addition it will be to you but coway.

A greeting

7. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Ok, try this:

Go into the Wii Shop channel.

Look for the Everybody Votes channel under one of the menus.

Redownload it from the Wii Shop Channel. It's free. You might have to delete the Everybody Votes channel you already have from your Wii Menu first, not sure.

That should solve the problem. If that doesn't work, I wouldn't know what else to do...

8. snake-viper
    OP

Spain
    Yes, already I proved that, but it did not work. I believe that it is a problem in firmware of the Wii because all the one that gives format, finishes with that problem with Wiiconnect 24, in the channel opinion, the channel time and the news channel . It will wait for an update although already I have put myself in contact with Nintendo Spain

9. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Did you get any information from nintendo spain ?
    I have a french Wii and a Wiikey with the same problem.

I had channel error since Modding it, so I formated my Wii and now I have the same error 222001 [​IMG]
    I can't connect anymore to forecast, news and vote (opinion) channel.

I set the WiiConnect24 to "Activate" and set active on standby to ON.
    I accepted the contract to allow WiiConnect24, even try to choose another region (france, australia) and reaccept it.

The shop channel is working fine (internet connection is fine).
    The news and forecast says "the configuration of the Wii does not allow to use wiiconnect24 now".
    The Vote channel says "ok, choose your region", but when I choose "OK", there is a message "error 222001 can't connect to internet with your setting"

I formated a few times, with and without the battery in the Wii. It's still not working.
    I'm starting to loose my nerves on that error [​IMG]

anybody can help please ?

Edit 1 :
    I switched my Wii to english.
    The message is not the same :

If Wiiconnect24 is Off, it says "Wii Connect24 is currently turned off. Confirm your setting under Wii Options. Error 109139"
    If Wiiconnect24 is ON, it says ""Wii Connect24 is currently turned off. Confirm your setting under Wii Options" (without error code)
    when it's ON, the wii don"t even try to send data to the net (0 activity on the router, nothing captured with Ethereal)

Edit 2 :
    (I left a message on your spanish forum.)

I left my wii unplugged and without the battery all the night.
    this morning I put back the battery, and accepted the conctact again.
    I don't know where it worked, but I received an email from nintendo with "new firmware available" (even if I'm already 2.2E).
    I checked my vote channel, and it worked without error.
    forecast didn't, news worked but with last updated hours error, like before my first formating.
    I did a new format to get the good date/hours and forecast working.
    And now .. it still dont work again, same error 222001 and no WC24 at all.

I tried accepting the contract again and again, but without success.

Edit 3 :
    It finally works !

I tried to remove the battery all the night with WC24 off, and unplugged the power cable.
    When I run it again, the channels were back with the same error as removing the battery for modding it :
    xxxx days left for votes, forecast can't update, news with xxxxx hours.

I formated it immediatly, but I got the error 222001 again :/

I then formated again my Wii. but this time when it switched off automatically, I unplugged it and removed the battery a long time like 2-3hours, but maybe less will work too. Too little time was not enough, the Wii has a self memory for channel saved data like daytime. (TCP and HTTP data sending was not complete, it missed the Wii-id code for validating the contract)
    Then I put the battery back and run the wii, set the parameters and daytime again. It's now working.
    it has a little delay before seeing the message for vote channel on the Wiiboard, but now all is back to normal [​IMG]
    I hope I'm safe now [​IMG]