Homebrew Error 199-9999 when trying to launch homebrew

TomerZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hi. I have homebrew installed on my wii u, and in the last few days, my Wii games wouldn't launch, nor the homebrew.
There is an 199-9999 error. What should I do?

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I believe error 199-9999 is to do with online connections - are the titles you're trying to launch requiring updates?

you need to be on custom firmware to launch nonsigned titles
Read the OP again ...how does he have homebrew enabled without cfw? He also states "in the last few days", implying it was previously working.

Last edited by duwen,

flynn272

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I believe error 199-9999 is to do with online connections - are the titles you're trying to launch requiring updates?

Read the OP again ...how does he have homebrew enabled without cfw? He also states "in the last few days", implying it was previously working.
Sorry my bad read the error code wrong

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

That error code is for when you run a fake signed stuff (Eshop titles, VC titles and the Homebrew Launcher) without enabling CFW first.

I_am89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I have homebrew installed on my wii u, and in the last few days, my Wii games wouldn't launch, nor the homebrew.
There is an 199-9999 error. What should I do?
Launch CFW before you do it and it should work. But im not sure but what you mean by homebrew wont launch, do you get the error code or does it crash or something?

bungboi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
199-9999 is a sig error. AKA, you haven't launched CFW/CFW is failing to launch.
Do you use Haxchi or Mocha?

TimzUneeverse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also suffered the same when trying to play custom-made Virtual Console titles. I tried in Mocha CFW if the app would load; it did not.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@TimzUneeverse Mocha is not the only one able to do sig patch.

you can use haxchi
(you need to configure "sysmenu" on a button or as "default")

https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/blob/master/release/haxchi/config.txt
in this example, you need to keep pressed B button on haxchi loading

or you can use simple signature patcher
https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-signature-check-patcher.451138/

Mocha is much more elaborated (CFW loading), but if you only need sig patching, haxchi and simple signature patcher are way better (faster)

Last edited by Badablek,

JimDude1414

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is occuring at startup when loading hit another icon. any icon that is not homebrew such as Internet Browser. Then goto the exploit site and try to run the exploit. then launch/repairt the cfw.

Doanways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi I just had that issue so I plug my SD card in to my pc and it said it needed to be repaired so I did and now it works hope this helps

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This comes from SD cards that are not "fully" compatible with the Wii U.

For example, I have a 4GB Toshiba SD card that came with a 2DS console that works in a Wii U *sometimes*. It worked for installing Tiramisu and dumping the nand, and works sometimes for auto launching the payloader. BUT, some other times on boot I get this 199-9999 error using that card as for some reason it is not autobooting the payloader on power on. But again, only sometimes. Some other times it is fine.

Solution? Replace the SD card with another, copy the files over to it and try again. I have two Wii U units and I will tell you that they are very picky with SD media. I have found 32GB Sandisk class 10 cards are rock solid.

FireEyes

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
you need to be on custom firmware to launch nonsigned titles
Yeah i am on cfw but when i try use the homebrew channel and the WUP installer GX2 i get error 1999-999. however, i launched from the health and safety information it works fine.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
error is lack of sig patches. update to tiramisu or aroma. even cbhc should do the trick if you're willing to risk it.

brunko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass