Error #1 from Neogamma R8

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Dwight, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Dwight
    OP

Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

Aug 14, 2008
    United States
    Washington State
    Copypasta from my post in simplemod thread:

Quick question:
    I completed the whole softmod using this guide (a couple weeks ago, so an older version), and everything went smoothly. I installed the latest NeoGamma loader and was able to play the first No More Heroes via DVD.

I obtained backups of both Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom and Mariokart Wii and burned them onto DVDs the same way as No More Heroes, but this time, both games came up with a "Error #001: Unauthorized device detected" or something. Solution?

Also, my guess is that when I first went through this guide, I installed all the cIOS for USB loading, but preceeded to load via DVDs. Since it still worked with No More Heroes, I didn't think twice. Should I install the right cIOS files for DVD loading? I would have done this myself, but the guide has since changed and I have no idea which cIOS files are for DVD or USB loading now.

Thanks!

I'm also a complete noob to the wii scene, so try not to be too harsh if this was a really obvious question. I did do some snooping around and found nothing, so I don't know where else to turn.

2. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
    use v17 for usb and disc loading.

3. Dwight
    OP

Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

Aug 14, 2008
    United States
    Washington State
    Alright, again, bear with me because I am next to clueless on this topic:
    So does that mean that I need to uninstall all of my other cIOS files?

4. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
    nope just install them like you did before, it will overwrite the older revisions.

5. Dwight
    OP

Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

Aug 14, 2008
    United States
    Washington State
    So I grab the latest download package from your tutorial, throw all the cIOS files on my SD, and then install them as recommended in your tutorial?

Thanks a ton btw

EDIT:
    Got it working. Thanks again man.