Hacking Error 002-0123...help pleeeeaaase

powman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have spent all day following tutorials both written and video, and it looks like i'm doing everything right, yet i cant get online on any game on my sky 3ds+ currently i am trying to get mh generations to work (eu version) tried all 3 manufacturers on my chip id and still doesn't work. got a private header from a dump of my pokemon Y, also tried one from smash bros, and one from Street Fighter, nothing works at all. help please?

powman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry been away for a while, redone everything again this morning, my header seems like it is right, manufacturer code, used all 3 again, cant get online on sky3ds+ but my retail games work fine...so far im feeling like this has been a massive waste of money -_-

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry been away for a while, redone everything again this morning, my header seems like it is right, manufacturer code, used all 3 again, cant get online on sky3ds+ but my retail games work fine...so far im feeling like this has been a massive waste of money -_-

How did you dump the header?

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using powersaves & HxD. just tried using a public header, worked fine, so i'm either using it wrong or messing up somehow along the lines of getting my header

Yes the extraction may not be working, make sure you copy the right bytes out of the hex file. The most reliable source is, this is the tuto I used to extract mine from Pokemon X: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-get-your-private-header-using-powersaves.385511/

Pay close attention to this -

Cant Find 00 00 00 88:
The header may not be in the same place as mine, could be above or a little below... in every instance that I've seen it has been in view of the .bin file we searched
It ALWAYS has 88 Before it, and 48 FF bytes after

ALSO DO NOT USE THE PUBLIC HEADER AGAIN OR COULD BE BANNED by Nintendo

powman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know, was just testing with the public header, and i have used that tutorial to get all 3 of my headers all of them are after 00 88 and all are just before 48 FF bytes, which is why its puzzling to me why it isn't working

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you basically copy the public header and it works with the same settings.txt and CFG files, but if you use the extracted headers it fails? That's strange, unless there are other manufacturers somehow and the first 2 bytes of the chip_id need to be something else... Without a dump of the cartridge, I can't use my modded 3ds to get the full header of your rom, which will include the chip id. Can you borrow a friends 3DS with CFW and use decrypt9?

Last edited by el_gonz87,

powman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you basically copy the public header and it works with the same settings.txt and CFG files, but if you use the extracted headers it fails? That's strange, unless there are other manufacturers somehow and the first 2 bytes of the chip_id need to be something else... Without a dump of the cartridge, I can't use my modded 3ds to get the full header of your rom, which will include the chip id. Can you borrow a friends 3DS with CFW and use decrypt9?
yeah literally just changed the header to a public one and it worked i have heard maybe its powersaves 1.41 not working to get private headers, just downloaded v 1.21 of powersaves, cant find a header at all in there and i dont know any one with a modded 3ds :(

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that sux, you are in a tough spot, no way to get that info. You could always try to buy one online, but that is risky because they may (accidentally or intentionally) sell the header to more than 1 person and then you end up with console bans.

Sorry to hear the Sky3DS+ didn't work out for online, you can at least use games locally and test some out, or re-sell and recoup some of the value (they are expensive!!!).

powman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was just thinking to buy one...should have done that instead of get the powersaves lol cant find any info on the 1.21 version xD but in talks with someone atm who might sell me one for $7 which is cheap and then my brai ncan relax with no more of this problem haha. thanks for the help mate, very well appreciated :D

Reactions: el_gonz87

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol