Homebrew Errdisp on famicom mini games and Game pak error on classic nes games here! Help wanted!!!

michele59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Famicom mini super mario bros 2 has errdisp card removed
20210907_012832.jpg

Classic nes series super mario bros has game pak error message
20210907_012636.jpg

Last edited by michele59,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No idea about the ErrDisp. Please check your SD just to be sure this isn't the cause.

The "Game Pak Error" message is part of a pretty extreme and ridiculous copy protection and anti-emulation. The relevant resource for this is:
http://mgba.io/2014/12/28/classic-nes/

There are some cracks/fixes/patches out there for the Classic NES series (and the later entries in the Japanese series as well). I neither have a link nor do I know if those may be linked on GBAtemp and never tested them myself.

If those cracks are just patches that replace small parts of the ROM without containing the actual game, then linking should be okay. (The problem with linking cracks for e.g. Windows games is that they are often prepatched .exe files that are the complete game which obviously means copyright infringement. I guess this is why the forum rules just state "No cracks!")

It is worth noting that mGBA emulates those games correctly without any patches. On the new 2|3DS series the emulator is worth a try.

Good luck and have fun!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."