Erase Nintendo DS Memory

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Haruspex, Jun 7, 2007.

Jun 7, 2007

Erase Nintendo DS Memory by Haruspex at 10:25 PM (4,156 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Haruspex
    OP

Member Haruspex GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    Because i bought a new DSLite i want to erase all the info like name, date settings, birthday etc. from the DS Phat memory. Is that thing possible?

Also I already transfer my Wi-Fi settings from the old DS Phat to DS Lite using Mario Kart DS. I have a question about that too. Do i need to transfer the Wi-Fi settings using all the Wi-Fi games i have or just with Mario Kart DS is fine?

2. chuckstudios

Member chuckstudios Putting the pro in procrastination

United States
    It's not very easy to completely wipe your data. The best solution is to pop out the battery then put it back in. It won't erase the stuff, but it will set a "battery removed" bit that will force the user to enter their own information on the next startup.

The only ways around this are to use a device that has the autoboot bit set in its header (R4, some NoPasses) or have FlashMe installed and have a compatible Slot2 card in, but most average users don't have things like that.

3. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    I believe it transfers the wifi data for everything... I thought during this whole transfer bit the Phat would ask you to reinput all that info, I could swear I went through this same process when I picked up my black NDSLite to replace my Phat... hm...