Hardware Epoxy Odds?

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, my Wii Drive is on it's last legs (won't even load legit zelda and dies after a few mins of legit brawl) so I'm biting the bullet and sending it in for repair on Wed. What are my odds of getting epoxy? *crossing fingers*

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Consider perhaps a flatmii or one of the similar devices (some appear to be able to load from the drive).

As for odds I am not sure if they will replace the drive or what, epoxy/unpotting is not that difficult anyway.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have a clipped d2pro I took off of my old drive, so I'm probably just going to stick with that, even though the flatmii would be appealing if I had the money for an external drive as well, as I'm chronically out of space.

After looking around a bit, I'm thinking about just ordering a drive from modchipcentral for 80$ since nintendo is going to charge me 75 anyways...

EDIT: I just went ahead with modchipcentral. A little more with the shipping, but at least this way I don't have to worry over my d2pro being useless.

sleestax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.wiidrives.com/list

will give you some odds if you enter your serial number.

EDIT: I just realized that you weren't asking the question I thought you were. I doubt they'd send it back with epoxy. As far as I've heard, the black goo happens at the manufacturer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.