• Views 3,065
  • Replies 18
D

Deleted_171835

OP
samaritanprocessingrel3yqn.png

icon11.gif
Source

It's perfectly doable on most modern GPUs at 720p. Although with the added power at 2.5 TFLOPS, I would appreciate a frame-rate increase (60FPS) rather than a resolution one (720p -> 1080p).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A nice video (I edited out the spoiler as it did not seem to want to play properly with the embedded video). The lighting and rain works well (although I am not sure if it is tied to the also pretty good water/fluid physics), the facial animation was pretty good (far better than most) and although I will reserve judgement for the final product the glass shattering was not bad either.

I do have to say however the mapping of a 2d image to the background stood out something fierce, the smoke warrants closer examination and I am not sure if it was intentional but parts of that had quite a low depth of field.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
This engine is spectacular. I wonder if the Wii U will be able to handle it?
The only word we ever got on the Wii U was from some Japanese site called Gamewatch which didn't cite any sources. They reported that the Wii U would be running an RV770 chip, the highest of which, the 4850, being capable of 1TFLOPS.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing what developers are capable of creating with the current engines, I can't wait to see what they do with this beast.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_super.jpg

This engine is spectacular. I wonder if the Wii U will be able to handle it?

The Unreal Engine 3 has been around for at least 5 years now, unfortunately most games just use the lazy texture features to make games look like the characters and environments have more textures, rather then real design generated visual effects. Just goes to show you how poorly optimized the Unreal Engine 3 has been up until this point, it is capable of so much more then what we see in games currently.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now double the requirements and that's what it takes for 3D. Lol, but seriously that's really cool. I wish I had a computer that could handle that. My current computer can barely handle minecraft...

Ultymoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, I want to see this... But in gameplay. Movies are smexy and all, but I like doing the thing with the buttons and the sticks. How's that look and feel outside of cinematics at this level of processing?

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i must say tht is amazing. but as ulty said, i think how it plays in realtime/gameplay is what totally matters.
prev i was a supporter of graphics but now not so much. it demands too much to be truly appreciated. something like assassin's creed has amazing graphics and works really well on ATI HD 4670 (1gb ddr3) but something like witcher 2 doesnt work absolutely well on even Nvidia GTS 450.
when i first played assassin's, i was truly amazed by the grpahics (including batman asylum) but now i feel it as normal. if it killed some frames and then made the graphics better, i would not have liked revelations (for its graphics) and i dont think they should improve it further actually.

I just saw the latest ATI (7K series i believe) that sported 3 GB of Memory but at a price of 700-ish. is it worth spending twice the money of a wii u (lolz) for only a graphics card and that even to see good faces, rain drops, and smoke (etc.).
The engine itself is amazing but will people actually be able to appreciate it as it was supposed to be?

previously it was like AHH there has to be better graphics but now when it has come, its not worth the upgrade (not this engine, prev game's engine like crysis 1 not 2... 2 works fantastic but 1 doesnt)

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see this and think of Crysis and even Doom 3 back when it was the powerhouse that it was. However the one issue I noticed with those games is that no matter what engine its running on we still haven't had a game with perfect textures. What I mean is you can throw in as many graphic filters as you want but no matter how pretty the character is or how pretty the street is you're gonna be able to look down or walk over to something and notice the textures are still pixelated.

Now this isn't a complaint at ALL because doing that crap would take forever and too much money I'm sure but its more like wishful thinking. I remember back when I was a kid playing N64 games that I was wondering when we'd see real life graphics then the Xbox came out and blew me away then Doom 3 came out and I was like NO WAI and then Crysis and everyone including me was like HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!?!?! still... wishful thinking :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: