Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3ds_screenshot_1.png

In "Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion," Reality is What You Paint of It. The game offers a special drawing and painting function that allows players to create rough versions of objects that magically transform into classic Disney-style 2D illustrations. Utilizing the game's unparalleled dual screen integration, players then move their creations to the top screen where they are further transformed into full-color, fully-rendered 3D visuals.

Paying tribute to the classic Sega Genesis title "Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse," "Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion" focuses on the fabled Castle of Illusion, which has fallen into Wasteland, an alternate world filled with 80 years of forgotten Disney characters and theme park attractions – and now forgotten video games. The evil witch Mizrabel, villainess from the classic "Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse," finds herself an unwilling inhabitant of Wasteland, and unleashes a plot to escape using the Castle of Illusion to imprison and drain the cartoon essence from currently famous Toons. Players will take on the role of Mickey Mouse as he utilizes his magical brush to wield paint and thinner to confront Mizrabel and save the Toons.

More screens here:
http://kotaku.com/5899037/epic-mickey-on-3ds-looks-straight-outta-1992/gallery/1

For me....oh my yes! I absolutely love how the developers have been allowed to just make an game with timeless 16-bit looks.

Reactions: 2 people

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
This is amazing!
It reminds me more of the Capcom magical quest games though, mainly because of the style and the Pete face on the thwomp like block.

But man, look at those sprites, can't believe that this is actually being made.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is this for the 3DS or the Vita? The screen resolution looks more like Vita to me, but I have only heard that it's for 3DS before... Either way, looking forward to this!

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country
Those sprites look great..
The subtitle sounds strange to me, but it's better than anything SE gave a subtitle to.

masterchan777

Trophies
XP
Country
This is now much more appealing to me than the original Epic Mickey on the Wii, I am not sure how well the 3D effect will be implemented but I am pretty sure I'd turn it off to keep the retro feeling. I think the game is very possible on the DS from a technical aspect, but I don't think we'll see a DS release for financial reasons.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this for the 3DS or the Vita? The screen resolution looks more like Vita to me, but I have only heard that it's for 3DS before... Either way, looking forward to this!
3DS only, if you click on the Kotaku link you'll get more screens and they have what shows on the bottom screen as well.

The is now much more appealing to me than the original Epic Mickey on the Wii, I am not sure how well the 3D effect will be but I am pretty sure I'd turn it off to keep the retro feeling, I think the game is very possible on the DS from a technical aspect, but I don't think see a DS release for financial reasons.
I dunno I reckon it would still do well, personally I feel they should put it on DS as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.