Epic Games is set to receive a BAFTA award for their contribution to game development

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, May 14, 2019.

1. dragonslayer7516

dragonslayer7516 Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    United States
    1, the link you provided had only 1 reference to where it got the idea that you can't disable it and that article was proven wrong just now by me searching for burger king near me and it could not locate one. If I can prove it wrong and that's not valid, then one source proving it right should not be enough either. 2, I have been opted out for years now and yes you can really opt out.
    Also, that one reference is almost a year old.

EDIT/UPDATE: Decided to track the links back to the original source. Your link points to an APNEWS article from 2018 and that post points to a QUARTZ article from 2017. Neither the 2019 nor 2017 article does much work to prove the new reasons for thinking google tracks while turned off. The QUARTZ article does point to why google tracked while location was turned off, but that method is no longer used for cell ids anyway so that is not a valid source and the other part is from an outdated version of googles terms.

Last edited by dragonslayer7516, May 14, 2019
  2. kevin corms

kevin corms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 21, 2015
    Canada
    I think thats true of almost every single award, it certainly is for movies and music.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Well with logic like that I can see I should just stop, have a good day!

3. dragonslayer7516

dragonslayer7516 Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    United States
    Logic like what? Checking if a news article from a company that has posted wrong data in the past is accurate and checking if the things posted are still true? Seeing if the original article has multiple sources to back up its claims? I am saying that if 1 source is enough to prove something right then why is it not enough proof to prove it wrong.

4. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    It makes it pretty damn obvious when they announce the winner before the awards show. Some genius in marketing didn't think we'd put two and two together.

5. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    "Set to receive" :rofl2:

Xzi likes this.
  6. dragonslayer7516

dragonslayer7516 Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    United States
    Not sure if you just don't like actual facts or when people don't agree with you.

7. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2019
    Russia
    They still make money off you though .u.

8. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    Fortnite is almost getting banned in UK ... that game basically robbed 1000's of parents of $$$$ & its shit ...

9. dragonslayer7516

dragonslayer7516 Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    United States
    Game its self is not shit, just not most peoples cup of tea. What makes fortnite shit is the parents who used it as a free baby sitter and let there kids play it all hours of the day and get addicted. I would say don't ban the game, make harsh punishments for parents who do not supervise their kids while playing games.

Pipistrele likes this.
  10. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    Apparently, you have to actively hate/dislike multiple companies or the things they do, to legitimately dislike one company. Even if the other companies have nothing to do with this thread.

Xzi likes this.
  11. dragonslayer7516

dragonslayer7516 Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    United States
    Yea, that's the gist I got of it.

12. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    So? Think I care?

AlexMCS likes this.
  13. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    Vietnam
    So Epics Game didn't deserve the reward because you guy hate Fortnite and Epic Game Store is shit? That seem reasonable I guess.

Maybe someday Nintendo will do something so controversial that people would denied that it ever saved gaming industry before.

zxr750j likes this.
  14. the_randomizer

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    How much did Tim Sweeney pay you to suck him off?

I mean, don't take my word for it, Epic games' storefront has spyware and other things because "they want to know how many people use Steam and what games they have derr herr herr"
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/b0rxdq/epic_game_store_spyware_tracking_and_you/

https://www.pcgamer.com/epic-boss-debunks-spyware-and-tencent-conspiracy-theories/

Don't believe what that assbite Tim says, he's just spouting PR bullcrap.

15. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    That would go to Bethesda, basically every year. The only time it wouldn't, was either:
    • When Digital Homicide was still active
    • Assassin's creed: unity stands out
    • The final fantasy xiii pc port
    • Every rockstar PC port since selling its soul to Sony for gta 3

16. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    Vietnam
    Please stop. Google had done many thing that violate pretty much everyone privacy but do you denied all of its contribute for the internet? Whatever Epic done doesn't denied what it had contribute for the gaming industry and it deserve that reward for their contribute to game development.

17. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    Yeah no the game is shit was always shit .. Even kids think it is shit .. Therefore it's shitty sir don't defend it because you still play a shit game .. & as a parent of 3 . Stop talking shit like you have a clue what parents do with there kids... Jeesh just get over it . Fortnite is /was/going to be remembered as a crappy game that should be banned as it has introduced kids to stealing WORLDWIDE Which unfortunately is poop

18. jt_1258

jt_1258 Something

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere
    What the actual fuck. I have never been so blown away by irony in my life.

19. Zaiphon

Zaiphon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2017
    Gambia, The
    So you don't care about Google earning money with your data, but you go ape shit on epiv which you don't even use and cry because they get a award?

Yikes.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I say you are a bad Parent and get some random people on the internet to tell you the same so that makes you are one right? Because they said so. Right?

You can cry, rollover, insult and stamp on the ground, fortnite is popular and people play it, if you can't handle stay away.

And no I don't play Fortnite and I don't assume others to play it because they "defend" it, just saying.

And I expect some more logic and reason of someone who has 3 kids, otherwise they will end up like you, washed up and talking crap and Karen-logic on their way to adulthood.

"Jeez just get over it. "

20. the_randomizer

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    *shrug* whatever you say.

Maybe once that loser Tim Sweeney retires I'll change my opinion. He can kiss my ass.