Epic Games Announces MAG-Killer: Gargantuan Hazard Battle!

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
epic-games-logo.jpg
QUOTE said:
MAG (Massive Action Game), the PS3 exclusive promising amazing 256-player online battles, isn't on store shelves yet, but that hasn't stopped Microsoft from convincing Epic Games, the powerhouse developer behind the best-selling Gears of War franchise, to try to top it. And top it they may.

Gargantuan Hazard Battle is real. It's in the works, will use the latest iteration of the Unreal engine, and supports a whopping 300 players (which is 44 more than MAG) for online battles that will play out "like an action movie" according to Epic veep Mark Rein. What that means exactly we can't say since the title is still relatively early in development, but when pressed Rein took a shot across Sony's bow by remarking, "After spending some time with GHB, you'll forget all about MAG." Strong words, but Epic has been known to deliver.

News Source: GameWad

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alot of other forums are suspecting this is fake because gamewad (which no one has heard of before) is the only source

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lol, they're idiots because MAG isn't even released yet so they wouldn't know.
44 more? no biggy. besides, I already think 256 is way too many, a higher number will just complicate things..

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone remember when Epic didn't rely on the same engine and made games that didn't feature guns?

I want a new Jill of the Jungle.
biggrin.gif

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i still dont belive in 256 players at the SAME TIME without graphics lag... unless their all in 2D, STILL i belive it will lag, but not as much

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hadrian said:
Does anyone remember when Epic didn't rely on the same engine and made games that didn't feature guns?

biggrin.gif

That was Epic!?
ohmy.gif

It sounds like we're getting into another stupid race to see who can get more people in a multiplayer game.. oh boy
sleep.gif
'

I saw the MAG demo on E3 and everything looked to be running smoothly, but those were the developers playing, how will the game handle 256 players from different parts of the world playing at the same time?

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I think I like matches with fewer players a lot better. It just feels more... I dunno, involved I guess? I don't really know how to describe it... with so many players, it's as if no one counts. When there's few players, you need to rely on each other and such.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree War, with 300 people you suddenly become quite insignificant. Plus, they always seem to use binary numbers when it comes to number of players in multiplayer games, why? (Except this one of course, interestingly).
Even so, I hope it's coming to PC so I can give it a go at least aha.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hadrian said:

biggrin.gif
What are you talking about? I want Jazz Jackrabbit.

Wait, that actually had guns
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I think this could be a MAG killer. The 360 is already the more popular console, and if any company can do this it's Epic.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MAG will be definatly to complicated honestly try to lead 255 people this will never really work and the rest is nothing new. And anyway Battlefield is and will be much better

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment