Hacking Entered GW Mode on sys11.3. Now, what?

yacepi15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I toke off my GW cart from my console and i've seen a little scratch. To see if it still working,I entered into GW Sysnand mode in 11.3. A9LH doesnt work anymore.
Im screwed?

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm fucking finished with gateway. Been a supporter from day 1 with 2 cards. I'm gonna sell them now. There last comment on there site said an update will be 2 weeks max and that was almost 4 weeks now. There a joke in the scene now.

Reactions: netovsk

TheMagicMan

A Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I toke off my GW cart from my console and i've seen a little scratch. To see if it still working,I entered into GW Sysnand mode in 11.3. A9LH doesnt work anymore.
Im screwed?

Gateway has no firm protection. You wiped off al9h from your console buddy :/

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Im screwed?

If you have a backup that you've made after installing A9LH then you can restore A9LH with a hardmod. Even if you don't have a A9LH backup, you can still restore an older backup with a hardmod to go back to a lesser FW and then hack your console again. Those are your two only choices.

yacepi15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It isnt a dirty cheap card. Its pathetic. And it broke me a console a year ago.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It isnt a dirty cheap card. Its pathetic. And it broke me a console a year ago.
I cannot really do anything? Seriously?

Last edited by yacepi15,

yacepi15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have legit (bought):

- Pop Island: Paperfield
- Im in the Movie (or something like that)

I can do anything with that dsi games?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Im not very updated. Why A9 stopped working? I didnt update the console. I didnt do nothing that overwrites the firm.
On every startup, 11.3 attempts to overwrite A9LH. This normally means absolutely nothing because A9LH boots before the firmware and protects itself. This coupled with auto-shutdown if .bin files aren't present/no SD card makes it that in almost all circumstances, you cannot run a setup where A9LH is overwritten. However, Gateway's version of A9LH is sadly one such exception because it does NOT protect the firmware. Nor does Gateway offer a warning about this anywhere on the website.

It is a known fact that booting sysNAND with Gateway's loader on 11.3 bricks the console. Because there is no protection, the firmware attempts to remove A9LH. Perhaps it is trying to patch vulnerable files. Whatever the case, the result is corruption. Which renders the console unbootable.

Last edited by Searinox,

yacepi15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
On every startup, 11.3 attempts to overwrite A9LH. This normally means absolutely nothing because A9LH boots before the firmware and protects itself. This coupled with auto-shutdown if .bin files aren't present/no SD card makes it that in almost all circumstances, you cannot run a setup where A9LH is overwritten. However, Gateway's version of A9LH is sadly one such exception because it does NOT protect the firmware. Nor does Gateway offer a warning about this anywhere on the website.

It is a known fact that booting sysNAND with Gateway's loader on 11.3 bricks the console. Because there is no protection, the firmware attempts to remove A9LH. Perhaps it is trying to patch vulnerable files. Whatever the case, the result is corruption. Which renders the console unbootable.
My console works, but its on shitty 11.3.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Even if i had that games... I would be able to install the save in the console? Just curiosity.
With hardmod AND twlnand xorpads you could have dumped with decrypt9

My console works, but its on shitty 11.3.
You have an O3DS, the brick part applies to N3DS

yacepi15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
With hardmod AND twlnand xorpads you could have dumped with decrypt9

You have an O3DS, the brick part applies to N3DS
I have a NAND, but i dont solder well. Im definitivelly screwed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi