OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
By the end of 2009, Sony’s PS3 will have sold 34 million units, followed by Xbox 360 at 28 mill, and NIntendo Wii in last place with 25 million sales altogether. These numbers were crunched together by top video game magazine publisher, Enterbrain.”The PS3 will have a tough time globally at the initial stage. Its launch titles in Japan and exclusive software titles overseas are quite limited,” Enterbrain President Hirokazu Hamamura told a seminar.

“But its overwhelmingly realistic graphics will give it a long life span. It will stay competitive even when a game console battle breaks out among a newer generation of machines in 2010. Sales should grow every time Sony cuts prices,” he said.

However, it will take a while for Sony to get there. The publisher believes that while Wii will sell 5.47 million by the end of March 2007, short of Nintendo’s expectations, PlayStation 3 will sell only 4.13 million in the same time period.

This is a funny paragraph moslty because enterbrain is a follower of sony, so why would they say anything bad about them. They went on saying sony will be #1 microsoft will be #2 then nintendo will be last? have they actually looked at what the ds is doing not only to sony, but the sales it has generated with it not even being out for 2 years yet? Here is the real order nintendo 1st, microsoft 2nd at least over here, and sony last where they belong. The e3 this year proves all of this i think, and everyone will underestimate nintendo again making them come out on top just like with the ds.
grog.gif

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
selective journalism

the more they get paid from one company. the better they information they'll provide about that company...

look at IGE last month.... they had Archlord plastered all over their site in ad's
even gave it a average review..

but hell i beta tested that crap game. and it doesnt even come close to world of warcraft and i hate that. it makes world of warcraft look like the best game ever.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Top videogame magazine Enterbrain...

Who?

They can "crunch" the numbers all they want but as long as it costs $599.99, it just won't have the following as the other consoles do because little Timmy who asks his parents for a new console for Christmas isn't going to get a PS3.

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Top videogame magazine Enterbrain...

Who?

They can "crunch" the numbers all they want but as long as it costs $599.99, it just won't have the following as the other consoles do because little Timmy who asks his parents for a new console for Christmas isn't going to get a PS3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterbrain

The reality check is they just wanna distance themselves from everyone else by predicting in the end the Ps3 will sell the most. But now even Sony & Microsoft accept Nintendo will be the one to fear this gen... I own the 3 past gen consoles and everything poins to another winner this gen... and that would be whoever can grab all 3 big markets...

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
handheld market differs from the console market. So throwing in the nds as an argument is weak.
Actually its a very valid argument. When the PSP was first showcased, all you heard was "WOWZERS!!! THOSE GRAPHICS BLOW THE DS OUTTA THE WATER!!! PSP IS GONNA MAKE PEOPLE FORGET ABOUT DS!!! SONY TAKES OVER HANDHELD MARKET!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH!!"

But in reality, the vast majority of people out there could give a fuck less about how a game looks as long as it is fun. And whether Sony likes it or not, PRICE plays a HUGE role in how well a system sells. I can guarantee that when the PS3 is released, all you are gonna hear is "w00t w00t, PS3 SOLD OUT WORLDWIDE!!! w00t w00t!!" Of couse its gonna sellout when only a handful of consoles are available.

Scorpin200

Iceman
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Nds is the perfect example of what i said that's why i put it in there, and if you might remember everyone said bad things about the ds now look at it...best system out there
smile.gif
. That was exactly what people are saying about the wii or were saying, so it would be pretty funny to see a system people think is going to go under when in fact it will be on the top. The numbers that the guy said about the ps3 having by next year would not be possible, but next to the ds which has had that much already just wouldn't look good for a console. Anyway it looks like they are releasing the real pics for the wii on the net now, cause everything i've seen looks a hell of alot better that what i saw at first. I also think nintendo could have released a system with no game making it cheaper if they wanted to, but things are different over here compared to japan seeing how most people want to play something with a new system while spending the least amount of money. One thing is for sure if nintendo doesn't come thru this time around im done with all of this, but i'll probably still have their handheld just because it stays true to some gaming.
cool.gif

P.S good one TakaM
laugh.gif
34 mil my ass

TmP_stryk

Still I Rise™
Trophies
Website
www.still-i-rise.com
XP
Country
United States
I totally agree with the jumpman in that average little tot wanting a nex gen system, Momma is either buying a wii or 360 not a ps3. Second for the more bit advanced, graphics wise, if you are that type of whore, all you have to do is compare cross platform titles from 360 to ps3 - graphical distance is non exsistant - smart consumers would buy a 360 if their worried about graphics and save money-.. 3rd. If your a techie and care about all the bells and whistles, you buy the ps3 at its exorbant price because you get 1080p and hdmi, and blu ray dvd that is going to be as useful as bluetooth technology was....

I say when the smoke clears Wii will outsell both the 360 and ps3 - because of its value in the U.S. maybe not internationally... but I strongly believe 360 will do much better here in the U.S. than the ps3 - I can look at teh lineup of games still to come for 360 and say hands down 360 can easily own the nex gen market. over sony.

We shall see.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]