Enter Japanese Characters without Jap keyboard ?

• Thread starter pasc
  • Start date
  • Views 3,344
  • Replies 14
P

pasc

OP
Ok, I could need a japanese virtual keyboard that is similar to the windows onscreen keyboard just with the ability to enter japanese character. I searched for quite a while now but only found russian, turkish and other languages but no japanese one's.

Anyone got a good tip for me ?

Thx in advance:

pasc

P

pasc

OP
If I knew what that is... basically I just want a virtual keyboar like the default windows one just with japanese font support (it may be that the windows one supports this... but I dunno how to activate it).

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think if u do alt+numpad u can get hundreds of new chars

ex:. alt+666=Ü
alt+777=○
alt+456=╚

and so on

P

pasc

OP
Ok.. it seems no one understands what I want... so I'll explain it a bit better: If you would want to post on a Japanese Forum for example, you would have to use a Japanese Keyboard, right ?

So, I can't get one easily, so I thought: Shouldn't there be a virtual keyboard like this:

just letting enter me japanes characters instead of Belorussisch, Griechisch, German, English, French, Hebrew, Lettisch ?

Edit: Messing around with included Windows virtual Keyboard revealed this:

test.JPG

You see that (perhaps japanese ?) characters there ? I tried clicking them but nothing changed so I just ask... did anyone find out what they are for ?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
If you would want to post on a Japanese Forum for example, you would have to use a Japanese Keyboard, right ?
no.

Japanese PCs I've seen use a 106 keyboard with latin letters + IME.

??????-hiragana with IME

?

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
yeah, IME is all that's needed..
you can fix this in the control panel of your computer, add a language (in this case JAPANESE).
then you have that "language icon" (blue square to the far right) in the task bar. click it, choose ja (japanese), then a new set of icons appear, amongst them an A click it and change it into "hiragana" or something (i think that's the best option).
Now you can write in japanese, just by writing with your normal keyboard. for example Yume (dream). just write it as you write it with normal letters: Y u m and e:
???that's what you get
now, if you write like this, you will have to use the enter(return)-key before you make a space, because it's underlined and can be changed with the space bar into kanji or katakana (or back to hiragana again).
??now you may get the kanji like this...

was that something like what you wanted?

You can also get a "on screen keyboard" with japanese characters, amongst those icons where the A was..
Now you press that little bucket instead, and choose IME Pad ?Soft Keyboard? Then you have to click the small drop down button to the left, ?Next to the 1)?and change layout to Japanese?

I hope this helps
smile.gif

P

pasc

OP
ok, I followed this http://www.japanische-sprache.de/text_windows_xp.htm and your guide, My keyboard outputs japanese characters if I type now, BUT... I don't get that IME list that let's me open the soft keyboard.. I just did the steps until here:

windows_xp_3.jpg
(sorry for only having a german site I found nothing else)

Thanks for helping me:

Pasc

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well.. As you see in the background, you have a black square which says DE for german.. Do you have one for JP as well? that's step no. 1
smile.gif

Step 2:
find it down here:
stp1.png

Now it should look like this; click on the A and choose Hiragana IF you want to start writing as a normal keyboard (where a = ??ka = ??bi=??pu=? etc.)
stp2.png

If you want to have the "soft keyboard" go here:
stp3.png

This is what you'll get:
stp4.png

and now you can choose between to types of keyboards, I'd take the JIS one, but you can take the other one if you want to...
stp5.png

There, hope that helps
smile.gif

?????????
?????

P

pasc

OP
If I change the icon from GR to JP it just gives me the options CAPS and KANA, KANA allows me to use my Keyboard like this:

マハチレリハクチトハマチレ

Still... the other symbols don't show up... any Idea what I may do wrong.

P

pasc

OP
If I change the icon from GR to JP it just gives me the options CAPS and KANA, KANA allows me to use my Keyboard like this:

マハチレリハクチトハマチレ

Still... the other symbols don't show up... any Idea what I may do wrong.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah... I think i know...
right click in the language bar (to the right of the sqare and icons)...
select "settings..."
Under the little rectangle called Preferences theres a button named: " Language Bar..."
click that...
third from the top "Show additional language bar icons" SELECT IT!
smile.gif

If that doesn't work, I must ask if you have service pack 2... I have it, and I have all those Icons.. but also, i chose to have japanese when i first installed windows on my computer, but this should do it!

EDIT: Also, you double-posted
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1