Hacking Enso sd2vita fail no more molecule or vita shell

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are only no henkaku settings available when I boot with L. When I do a regular boot that asks me to format, I have henkaku settings there. Maybe if I remove the spoof after a regular boot, it will change the results of an L boot. I’ll try that out before restoring.

henkaku settings are done by henkaku.suprx (a plugin), so holding L at boot will disable that plugin. your issue may be due to an improper seating of the sd2vita cart. make sure it's making a connection. a partial connection will either result in a frozen ensou logo or the issue that you're facing. it could also be the sd2vita itself that's the problem. I've heard of poorly manufactured ones. also, I've heard that the latest version of the sd2vita causes forced formats randomly. that's version 5.

Jonny3888

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
henkaku settings are done by henkaku.suprx (a plugin), so holding L at boot will disable that plugin. your issue may be due to an improper seating of the sd2vita cart. make sure it's making a connection. a partial connection will either result in a frozen ensou logo or the issue that you're facing. it could also be the sd2vita itself that's the problem. I've heard of poorly manufactured ones. also, I've heard that the latest version of the sd2vita causes forced formats randomly. that's version 5.

Yeah I heard that some older sd2vita models are poor hardware. I feel like the one I have isn’t that great. And figures, I just ordered a 5 last night T_T. On a good note, I was able to do a restore and get henkaku reinstalled. Do I need Enso installed to set up sd2vita again, or can I do it with regular henkaku? I just want to do the bare minimum software setup before trying it again (when I get a replacement), In case I mess up again and have to do another restore.

Jonny3888

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE. I tried to set it up again and had the same results. I’m convinced that it’s the adapter, as I saw no blinking light on boot. Luckily this time I didn’t format my normal memory card and was able to replace the ux0:/tai/config file to get it to recognize my memory stick.

Just to confirm that the steps I took are correct:

1. Backed up my ux0 via FileZilla
2. Formatted the memory stick to exfat (on a Mac)
3.copied contents of ux0 backup to the root of the memory stick (or should it be in a ux0/ folder? I tried both with the same results...)
4. Copied gamesd.skprx into ur0:tai/ and then modified the config file (added ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx) on the Sony memory stick.
5. Put the SD card in the adapter, then booted the system, only to get the same memory card format notification.

Did I miss anything?

Last edited by Jonny3888,

Roah

Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
I think you did everything sensible to do, so go restore it. Good thing you are not on 3.65
Its amaze me how people seem to ignore theflow's 365 github faq spreading misinformation.
"Will I lose the hack if I format my Memory Card or restore the systems settings?" - No, you can nearly do everything with your device and you will not lose HENkaku. You must just NOT reinstall the 3.65 PUP.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does the 365 github faq have to do with 3.60 enso?

FACT

You cannot use henkaku.xyz/go/ to install molecular on 3.65 Enso, if you didn't already install it on your memory card, the only way to get it there is through "PSVIMGTOOLS", after you backup your memory card using "QCMA"

(If you have 3.65 ENSO, you can still use "RESTORE TO FACTORY DEFAULTS AND DELETE ALL MEMORY", after restarting though, you'll have to use "PSVIMGTOOLS", enso is still on there, but you can't use henkaku.xyz/go/ to install molecular in order to use vitashell) (and you need to use vitashell 1.82)

(there is also apparently no way to reinstall the 3.65 Enso Firmware, like with 3.60 all you had to do was use the henkaku settings to change the SPOOF version to 3.52 or anything lower than 3.60, then you could just reinstall the 3.60 firmware from a game cartridge, or if you removed the feature page, it could be reinstalled from "henkaku enso.vpk" by uninstalling enso and reinstalling enso it would prompt you to reinstall 3.60) (so if you modify anything that isn't "restored" on the vita partition on 3.65 your out of luck, since, you can't apparently reinstall the 3.65 Firmware)

(HBinjector 1.2, that installs "vitashell" in place of a system bubble, I replaced the PARTY APP, this will save you trouble if your sd2vita adaptor or card fails, since that is in the internal memory, or you have to use "PSVIMGTOOLS")

(guess that is correct, haven't caused those fatal situations myself)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,
Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4