Hacking Enso sd2vita fail no more molecule or vita shell

Jonny3888

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3.60 Vita with enso installed on a Vita 1000. I have searched to no Avail for a solution to my issue. I tried installing an sd2vita configuration that apparently didnt work, then after a few boot attempts, ended up reformatting my regular memory stick. Now I get the repeat format notification, I can’t get molecular or vita shell to show up. I’ve tried booting with L, reinstalling the web hack with R, can’t unmount my memory stick, can’t get any of the shells to reinstall via web and nothing is working. I’m willing to even do a fresh restore to 3.60 if necessary. Any help is appreciated!

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I don't believe there is anything wrong with your vita. It seems you have sd2vita issue. It can either be defective, or your installation was not done correctly

aytug25

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 3.60 Vita with enso installed on a Vita 1000. I have searched to no Avail for a solution to my issue. I tried installing an sd2vita configuration that apparently didnt work, then after a few boot attempts, ended up reformatting my regular memory stick. Now I get the repeat format notification, I can’t get molecular or vita shell to show up. I’ve tried booting with L, reinstalling the web hack with R, can’t unmount my memory stick, can’t get any of the shells to reinstall via web and nothing is working. I’m willing to even do a fresh restore to 3.60 if necessary. Any help is appreciated!
which app are you using for sd2vita ? And can you try unlink memory card option on henkaku menu ? I guess you can't use your sony card otherwise you can install molecularshell so please try unlink memory card option...

Jonny3888

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheers for the fast responses everyone, very much appreciated. Yeah I am unable to unlink the memory stick, I keep getting the error.

Since I’m a new user, I can’t post the link to the tutorial I used, but it’s the codedonut site that’s the first listing in a “sd2vita setup” google search.

Used my Mac to format the microSD to exfat instead of windows (could that have had anything to do with it?). I’m also using one of the older SD2Vita adapters. Ordered a 5.0 version for when I try again.

I’m fine with restoring, as I only really had henkaku, adrenaline, retroarch and only a few emus/roms. Is there a specific way of restoring a system with Enso on it, or do I just do it the regular way?

Last edited by Jonny3888,

aytug25

Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers for the fast responses everyone, very much appreciated. Yeah I am unable to unlink the memory stick, I keep getting the error.

Since I’m a new user, I can’t post the link to the tutorial I used, but it’s the codedonut site that’s the first listing in a “sd2vita setup” google search.

Used my Mac to format the microSD to exfat instead of windows (could that have had anything to do with it?). I’m also using one of the older SD2Vita adapters. Ordered a 5.0 version for when I try again.

I’m fine with restoring, as I only really had henkaku, adrenaline, retroarch and only a few emus/roms. Is there a specific way of restoring a system with Enso on it, or do I just do it the regular way?
can you tell me what error message did you get when you try to unlink memory card ?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
2 things to try:

- when you first turn on the vita from complete power down, is there a blinking light next to where the sd2vita is? If not, youhave a faulty sd2vita most likely

- You still have your original memory card inserted with all its stuff right? Hold L, edit your config, remove that sd2vita line. Turn off your vita then on again (not sleep) if all is working correctly, then it's sd2vita issue. Your vita is fine and requires no restore or anything.

Btw, just so you know, that format msg appears when he console doesn't detect the sd2vita. I'm 99% sure that's what your entire issue is

Jonny3888

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the error is the “failed to mount ux0, is memory card inserted” error, which makes sense because I get the format notification every time I boot, but have to skip that or it is the endless loop.

I recall the orange light of the sd2vita port blinking when I boot up. I also think it is definitely an sd2vita installation error. Problem is that I no longer have, nor can I get to install, either molecular shell or vita shell so I can’t edit the config file...

Also, everything was wiped from my Sony memory card after experiencing a few boot format notifications.

And my apologies if I sound like a complete vita hacking noob....because I totally am!

aytug25

Trophies
XP
Country
So the error is the “failed to mount ux0, is memory card inserted” error, which makes sense because I get the format notification every time I boot, but have to skip that or it is the endless loop.

I recall the orange light of the sd2vita port blinking when I boot up. I also think it is definitely an sd2vita installation error. Problem is that I no longer have, nor can I get to install, either molecular shell or vita shell so I can’t edit the config file...

Also, everything was wiped from my Sony memory card after experiencing a few boot format notifications.
can you remove your sd card and boot your console with holding L button then in henkaku setting try unlink card option then restart your vita with holding L button so you can now use your sony card, so install vitashell again and delete sd2vita plugin line on config settings so restart your devide without holding any button, i hope this way you can use your sony card again, and if it works let me know so i can help you for prepearing sd2vita...

Jonny3888

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you remove your sd card and boot your console with holding L button then in henkaku setting try unlink card option then restart your vita with holding L button so you can now use your sony card, so install vitashell again and delete sd2vita plugin line on config settings so restart your devide without holding any button, i hope this way you can use your sony card again, and if it works let me know so i can help you for prepearing sd2vita...

So I’m currently at work, so I can’t dig too deep into it until later, but I recall whenever I boot with L, my henkaku settings option does not appear in the settings menu. They are only there when I boot normally. Do I need to do another web install when I boot with L to get the henkaku settings to show up again? Also, is the unlinking of the card meant for the sd2vita card, of the the Sony card?

aytug25

Trophies
XP
Country
So I’m currently at work, so I can’t dig too deep into it until later, but I recall whenever I boot with L, my henkaku settings option does not appear in the settings menu. They are only there when I boot normally. Do I need to do another web install when I boot with L to get the henkaku settings to show up again? Also, is the unlinking of the card meant for the sd2vita card, of the the Sony card?
unlink option for sony card, at least i changed 2 sd card and no need to use unlink options

Jonny3888

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So another thing that I noticed that freaked me out initially, but then read others having the same issue but it being a false alarm...is that when I boot normally, my firmware says Henkaku 3.60, but when I boot with L, it says it’s 3.65, with no henkaku settings available to choose from (and I never chose any form of update, and I’m not connected to PSN, so it can’t possibly be 3.65...). At this point I just want to do an uninstall of enso and then be able to start fresh on 3.60, format my memory card and start over. However, I don’t know how I can uninstall Enso without the installer app on my system...

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar

And my apologies if I sound like a complete vita hacking noob....because I totally am!
That's correct, it's failing to mount it cause it doesn't see it, as it might be faulty (we are not entirely sure yet.

If it formatted the Sony memory card, recopy it back from the SD card, as you should have copied everything to it in the beginning

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(you don't need to copy the contents of the official sony card to the sd2vita card ... ... just do what you did "zzBlank.img" to formate sd2vita card with "HDDRawCopy1.10Portable.exe" or whatever you did with mac) (but I guess you have to copy contents because you don't have internal memory on the vita 1000 ... anyway I'm gona spare you some trouble)

(you don't need to copy contents from the official sony card to the sd2vita card .... because once it is mounted on ux0, the vita device will add the default files there already)

Now that you Formated the sd2vita card! (Dealing with the Vita 1000, has no internal memory, which I don't Own!)

Go ahead and use "Restore to Factory Default and Whip all Memory", this will clear the, Official Memory Card ..... after that you go to your browser, "henkaku.xyz/go/" and install henkaku, molecule should be installed, if it is not installed

(you need 64bit version of windows for "qcma", other version 32bit had troubles (select 3.60 henkaku option), and "psvimgtools", it can installed "Vita Shell" directly into your Official Memory card, or directly into your sd2vita memory card) (your memory card backup is copied to your deskop essentially the files are added, then when restored to the vita, the bubble appears, you can use henkaku website then the vita shell bubble will work, you can then uninstall/reinstall henkaku enso on 3.60 .................. if you are on 3.65 same thing)

(because the vita 1000 has no internal memory, you need to copy the contents of the Official Vita Memory Card into the "sd2vita memory card", so after you connect your vita to your pc using FTP on "Vita Shell/Molecule" copy the contents there, make sure the "ur0/tai" folder the "config.txt" file has the plugin for the sd2vita listed and enabled:

(you can't use this because its for 3.65 Henkaku, you can just install the 3.65 updater, after using the "enso.vpk" for 3.60 to uninstall enso for 3.60, but if you have 3.65, just copy this into your config.txt, minus the dots)

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/gamesd1.1.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm1.2.skprx
ur0:tai/repatch1.0.skprx
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx
ur0:tai/dsmotion.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
*PCSA00011
# Gravity Rush USA
ur0:tai/dsmotion.suprx
*!PCSE00261
# Danganronpa THH - disable plugins to fix crashes
*!PCSE01100
# Danganronpa V3 - disable plugins to fix crashes
*!PSPEMUCFW
# Adrenaline
*ALL
ur0:tai/oclockvita1.2.1.suprx

I'm using the old sd2vita plugin because, I only used the official memory card to install the 3.65 henkaku, on a vita 1000 with no internal memory, same method, use the official memory card, but after that I don't need official memory card .................. for the vita 1000, after updating to 3.65 just copy contexts of official memory card to sd2vita, using "Vita Shell/Molecule", the plugin for sd2vita "gamesd.skprx" was updated to version 1.2, your official memory card will be mounted to umao, and your sd2vita will be mounted to "ux0", but I suggest just using the 1.1 version, so its easier to find what went wrong

(PSVIMGTOOLS works on 3.60 all the way up to 3.67 on hacked or official firmware! I used it to get Romancing Saga 2 working on Official Firmware 3.67 white list hack, scroll back a few pages, may still be there, I even installed "Vita Shell" to official firmware 3.67, but it won't work) (henkaku or enso is not needed to install "vita shell", backup files to computer using qcma, and then restore, those options are on the vita's screen) (even if you really are on 3.65, no big deal, use "psvimgtools" install vitashell, again I don't have a Vita 1000, that has no internal memory?, so be careful about reformatting your official memory card)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Jonny3888

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's correct, it's failing to mount it cause it doesn't see it, as it might be faulty (we are not entirely sure yet.

If it formatted the Sony memory card, recopy it back from the SD card, as you should have copied everything to it in the beginning

Yeah, the Sony memory card gets formatted, then reboots, then I’m asked to reformat it again in an endless cycle. I would copy a config file to it from the SD card, but the problem is that I don’t have any way to connect to FileZilla since mol/vita shell are no longer appearing.
(you don't need to copy the contents of the official sony card to the sd2vita card ... ... just do what you did "zzBlank.img" to formate sd2vita card with "HDDRawCopy1.10Portable.exe" or whatever you did with mac) (but I guess you have to copy contents because you don't have internal memory on the vita 1000 ... anyway I'm gona spare you some trouble)

(you don't need to copy contents from the official sony card to the sd2vita card .... because once it is mounted on ux0, the vita device will add the default files there already)

Now that you Formated the sd2vita card! (Dealing with the Vita 1000, has no internal memory, which I don't Own!)

Go ahead and use "Restore to Factory Default and Whip all Memory", this will clear the, Official Memory Card ..... after that you go to your browser, "henkaku.xyz/go/" and install henkaku, molecule should be installed, if it is not installed

(you need 64bit version of windows for "qcma", other version 32bit had troubles (select 3.60 henkaku option), and "psvimgtools", it can installed "Vita Shell" directly into your Official Memory card, or directly into your sd2vita memory card) (your memory card backup is copied to your deskop essentially the files are added, then when restored to the vita, the bubble appears, you can use henkaku website then the vita shell bubble will work, you can then uninstall/reinstall henkaku enso on 3.60 .................. if you are on 3.65 same thing)

(because the vita 1000 has no internal memory, you need to copy the contents of the Official Vita Memory Card into the "sd2vita memory card", so after you connect your vita to your pc using FTP on "Vita Shell/Molecule" copy the contents there, make sure the "ur0/tai" folder the "config.txt" file has the plugin for the sd2vita listed and enabled:

(you can't use this because its for 3.65 Henkaku, you can just install the 3.65 updater, after using the "enso.vpk" for 3.60 to uninstall enso for 3.60, but if you have 3.65, just copy this into your config.txt, minus the dots)

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/gamesd1.1.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm1.2.skprx
ur0:tai/repatch1.0.skprx
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx
ur0:tai/dsmotion.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
*PCSA00011
# Gravity Rush USA
ur0:tai/dsmotion.suprx
*!PCSE00261
# Danganronpa THH - disable plugins to fix crashes
*!PCSE01100
# Danganronpa V3 - disable plugins to fix crashes
*!PSPEMUCFW
# Adrenaline
*ALL
ur0:tai/oclockvita1.2.1.suprx

I'm using the old sd2vita plugin because, I only used the official memory card to install the 3.65 henkaku, on a vita 1000 with no internal memory, same method, use the official memory card, but after that I don't need official memory card .................. for the vita 1000, after updating to 3.65 just copy contexts of official memory card to sd2vita, using "Vita Shell/Molecule", the plugin for sd2vita "gamesd.skprx" was updated to version 1.2, your official memory card will be mounted to umao, and your sd2vita will be mounted to "ux0", but I suggest just using the 1.1 version, so its easier to find what went wrong

(PSVIMGTOOLS works on 3.60 all the way up to 3.67 on hacked or official firmware! I used it to get Romancing Saga 2 working on Official Firmware 3.67 white list hack, scroll back a few pages, may still be there, I even installed "Vita Shell" to official firmware 3.67, but it won't work) (henkaku or enso is not needed to install "vita shell", backup files to computer using qcma, and then restore, those options are on the vita's screen)

Whoa, thanks for the detailed response! I’m going to start by just restoring my Vita when I get home and start fresh. Then install the bare minimum in order to get SD2vita working properly first, THEN work on installing home brew and apps. That way if I screw up again, less I have to redo. I appreciate all of your feedback, you dudes rock! I will update you with results.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Yeah, the Sony memory card gets formatted, then reboots, then I’m asked to reformat it again in an endless cycle. I would copy a config file to it from the SD card, but the problem is that I don’t have any way to connect to FileZilla since mol/vita shell are no longer appearing.
Oh, right.. what was I thinking :/ .. Honestly though I dont know why you clicked on that format button. Surely nothing good could have come out of it :/
Anyway, the fact that you say booting with L somehow reports 3.65 with no henkaku settings is weird to me. So I have no clue..

Jonny3888

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, right.. what was I thinking :/ .. Honestly though I dont know why you clicked on that format button. Surely nothing good could have come out of it :/
Anyway, the fact that you say booting with L somehow reports 3.65 with no henkaku settings is weird to me. So I have no clue..

Haha yeah. Well I was just thinking that I didn’t have much data on there to lose and thought it would fix the problem. But nope... And I discovered that the 3.65 showing up after an L boot is because I have spoofing enabled in my henkaku settings. So at least the spoofing works because it spoofed me!

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Haha yeah. Well I was just thinking that I didn’t have much data on there to lose and thought it would fix the problem. But nope... And I discovered that the 3.65 showing up after an L boot is because I have spoofing enabled in my henkaku settings. So at least the spoofing works because it spoofed me!
Well I would've told you that! You said that there was no henkaku settings available so I eliminated the spoofing thing from being the reason.

In that case boot with L, remove spoof, go to browser exploit, hold R I think (cant remember the button) as soon as the exploit page appears, it will forcibly install molecular shell

Jonny3888

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I would've told you that! You said that there was no henkaku settings available so I eliminated the spoofing thing from being the reason.

In that case boot with L, remove spoof, go to browser exploit, hold R I think (cant remember the button) as soon as the exploit page appears, it will forcibly install molecular shell

There are only no henkaku settings available when I boot with L. When I do a regular boot that asks me to format, I have henkaku settings there. Maybe if I remove the spoof after a regular boot, it will change the results of an L boot. I’ll try that out before restoring.

aytug25

Trophies
XP
Country
There are only no henkaku settings available when I boot with L. When I do a regular boot that asks me to format, I have henkaku settings there. Maybe if I remove the spoof after a regular boot, it will change the results of an L boot. I’ll try that out before restoring.
if you don't have much data then you can try safe boot and restore system option

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.