Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I was ready to install enso but as a cautionary measure, I scan it with vpktool, just as I always did with any game/homebrew's vpk before I install them, and the enso vpk that I scanned with vpktool said that the eboot is not safe, so should I mark it as safe and repack it? I got the enso vpk directly from the official henkaku website though, I am worried maybe the website got infected with malware and the enso vpk is affected thus the vpk became a bricker for vita that's why it's not safe.

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Isn't the "safety" check just an automated check for whether or not said VPK contains functionalities that modify important/system files on your Vita, not actual trustworthiness of the author or any sort of malware check ?

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, so I am reassured that it is safe and I just tried to install it, the problem is that I haven't updated the henkaku hack in ages, I am still using the email installer from last year or something, so the enso app tells me I need to get r10 and not the offline installer, what do I do here? do I go to the henkaku website and install it then launch enso?do I need to enable that offline henkaku before going to the henkaku website? and what is the direct link for the r10 update, is it just henkaku or the one with xyz?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
thanks, so I am reassured that it is safe and I just tried to install it, the problem is that I haven't updated the henkaku hack in ages, I am still using the email installer from last year or something, so the enso app tells me I need to get r10 and not the offline installer, what do I do here? do I go to the henkaku website and install it then launch enso?do I need to enable that offline henkaku before going to the henkaku website? and what is the direct link for the r10 update, is it just henkaku or the one with xyz?
Install the latest Henkaku from the website, then load the enso vpk. Don't load the offline installer, just reboot, go to the website and install the latest Henkaku. You can basically get rid of the offline installer after doing so.

Reactions: Vitaminer

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install the latest Henkaku from the website, then load the enso vpk. Don't load the offline installer, just reboot, go to the website and install the latest Henkaku. You can basically get rid of the offline installer after doing so.
thanks, last question, how do you completely remove the offline installer? do I simply go to the email app and delete the henkaku message or is there a path in the vita directory to completely remove it?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
so I was ready to install enso but as a cautionary measure, I scan it with vpktool, just as I always did with any game/homebrew's vpk before I install them, and the enso vpk that I scanned with vpktool said that the eboot is not safe, so should I mark it as safe and repack it? I got the enso vpk directly from the official henkaku website though, I am worried maybe the website got infected with malware and the enso vpk is affected thus the vpk became a bricker for vita that's why it's not safe.

Official Github is safe and it's a false positive message you are getting because it is modifying sys files. Now you're thread title will cause confusion and spread fake news to newbies and the like. Next time don't jump the gun on these matters:creep:.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Isn't the "safety" check just an automated check for whether or not said VPK contains functionalities that modify important/system files on your Vita, not actual trustworthiness of the author or any sort of malware check ?
It's no different than (your favorite big 3 mobile OSes) permissions, ye

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Le youtube face.