SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I think most people misinterpret Silica's intention about his release "evil cartridge" which formats memory card.
The initial purpose was to prove that a malicious patch could be written on the "grw0" partition of some cartridges because Sony allowed the format command access in their LiveArea XML configuration files.
This also proves that if you buy a second hand PS Vita cartridge, you can have a very bad surprise!

Well it was capable of more than that if I remember correctly, but the biggest problem was that the vpk that people were all up in arms about was a modified "evil cartridge" vpk (again if I remember right) that automatically ran the memory card wiping utility. Not really Silica's fault there as he was just the guy that made a utility that someone else turned into a mc death vpk. Along that same line of thinking then by extension all of HENkaku is also an enabler.

Also just for the sake of playing devil's advocate and putting this out here... Are we sure it was THE Silica and Pina? This is the internet after all and to my knowledge none of the parties directly involved in this have made any statements about it...

jmhannz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would anyone want a buggy release and have to reinstall when it comes out? is everyone that mad they have to launch the hack after a reboot? i just sleep my device a lot........... i can wait another monthish for a stable final release.

Reactions: SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
why would anyone want a buggy release and have to reinstall when it comes out? is everyone that mad they have to launch the hack after a reboot? i just sleep my device a lot........... i can wait another monthish for a stable final release.

I think the concern is more in that the servers used to trigger the exploit will inevitably go away. Also while we do have the offline installer it's not convenient to everyone for varying reasons. Lastly Yifan and others never said that that was all enso would do. There may be more.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the concern is more in that the servers used to trigger the exploit will inevitably go away. Also while we do have the offline installer it's not convenient to everyone for varying reasons. Lastly Yifan and others never said that that was all enso would do. There may be more.

Enso still requires henkaku remote server for the initial code execution and download of files

Reactions: SonsofOcelot

Primula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weather he was the reason or indirectly the reason of the wipe memory card issue. He still leak an unfinished/beta software/exploit which in this area will cause the developer choose to stop everything like I mention before especially since he not technically getting paid for it beside the donations.

It not like real company where they might be doing it as a hype, publicity stunt, or w/e THEY ARE GETTING MONEY granted it wont be a leak code, it going be a leak picture or info....

Also it was him because apparently everyone in the beta program had been given different software that was id to each one. So he shared it so he was still the source of it unless I read some post wrong.

Last edited by Primula,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
To further cement yifan's suggestion of, "Just ignore it", I'm going to close this thread since a majority of it is just "WOW THIS GUY IS BAD".

If someone wants to find enso, do so on their own time, do not request it here.

Last edited by Tom Bombadildo,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The arcade version is so fun but the ports yikes lol