Enjoyable Online RPG

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by SolidusRegime, Jul 21, 2008.

Jul 21, 2008

Enjoyable Online RPG by SolidusRegime at 9:11 AM (1,588 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. SolidusRegime
    OP

Newcomer SolidusRegime Member

Australia
    I am looking for a decent RPG that has interesting and enjoyable online play.

I played Dungeon Explorer and Pokemon for a while but got bored.

Any other suggestions?

2. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    Not sure about online RPG's... I guess you could try FFCCROF.. I think that has wifi.. [​IMG]

3. rafcor

Newcomer rafcor Advanced Member

Brazil
    yep, FFCCROF it's your only choice right now
    there'll be maple story, so if you can wait for it, it was supposed to be released in Setember in South Korea

4. nicklessguy

Member nicklessguy GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Does FFCCROF have online play? [​IMG]

5. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    No, but you have a LAN play

6. teH XeRO

Member teH XeRO GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i actually just finished that game..im a FF noob and this game obviously isnt a mainstream FF game but i enjoyed the style of gameplay and i enjoyed the story..good game. have yet to try the multiplayer yet...but definitely looks fun

7. Kaos

Member Kaos Good show!

Australia
    If you play through the story again on your new game+, you'll get an extra dungeon, and enemies will be harder. Beat it and start a New Game++, and a new piece of equipment will be available.

8. Ruri

Member Ruri GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    No on almost all points.
    As others have noted, FFCCROF has no wifi multiplayer.

As the OP said, Dungeon Explorer does have wifi multiplayer (I think it's your only choice for genuine wifi dungeon-crawling with friends, not FFCCROF, unless you want something like Pokemon battles...)

And Maple Story DS is sadly not a wifi game; it's a single-player game based on the MMORPG, according to the developers. I don't know if it's out yet or when it will be out if it isn't, though.

9. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yea, Dungeon Explorer is alright, never played it on WiFi, didn't know it had it... I guess that sounds fun. Most RPGs with WiFi are only for battles or something ala pokemon.

FFCCROF is adhoc not WiFi as far as I know, and I'm pretty sure I'm accurate on that one...

As for MSDS, those screens of it being 1 player were taken from an emulator that was probably either ported to the DS or they overlapped the screen on a picture of a DS (for realistic looking outcomes).