ooh44

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
good news. I'm lazy to wait cyclods. lack of production line & expensive. (and no local store sell cyclo evo here.)

So I decide to get M3R
smile.gif

cribby08

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The English version should be release sometime this week.

Thanks

Hopefully some day you guys will make a universal version. Having to buy hardware to support a language is stupid and most forum members here would agree.

Is there an actual reason why they do it? Is it to charge English people more? Or is there another reason?

There's 2 reasons I can think of, but mostly it points to money. They make a few bucks more off the English version than the Chinese one for god knows what reason. It is not a lot of money, but when you deal hunt on it, it makes you wonder a little bit. There's a lot of bargain hunters on this product and the M3 team doesn't seem to realize that. Also if you have a Chinese one, I'd imagine you can print the instructions and such in Chinese only, whereas the English one you'd print in English. However it's kinda dumb cuz there's more languages than just those two and I think they also lean Japanese people towards the English product. Hopefully my Chinese one has those resistors still but it probably doesn't with my luck. My M3 simply was already a newer fab than the photos suggested at the time and that was rather disappointing. Both my M3 simply and R4 DS are the cheaper models, without the IC just has a blob of goo over the microchip like the inside of a $1 chinese watch. Very poor imho.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Both my M3 simply and R4 DS are the cheaper models, without the IC just has a blob of goo over the microchip like the inside of a $1 chinese watch. Very poor imho.
Same with my R4, but I still was able to mod it anyway
wink.gif

As much as I dislike and am opposed to language/region locking the different language versions I actually do understand why they tried to do it this way. Basically it amounts to what they said: "protecting their retailers"; stopping any form of price competition between different region distributors that they have "official" agreements with. If I see something new listed as in stock a HK mail order shop for $5 less than the place I can get it from in NA as pre-order, the impulse would be to purchase it there - and be I'll be damned if, by the time I cover shipping, I didn't actually get it for any less (sometimes more) and in about the same time I would have gotten it from the NA distributors.

fangames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks

Hopefully some day you guys will make a universal version. Having to buy hardware to support a language is stupid and most forum members here would agree.

Is there an actual reason why they do it? Is it to charge English people more? Or is there another reason?

m3ds real is already released now ,i saw http://www.digimartz.com has 4 version m3 real(English) (m3 ds real, m3 real with rumble pack,m3 real with rumble ram pack and the Perfect Bundle Pack )on sale now.

gameyeeeah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I figure that English versions cost more simply because it costs more to ship further. A batch shipping to America would cost them more than to ship next door to them.

M3 Real do sold in bundles which you will have three option,
M3 real card + Rumble pack
M3 real card + Rumble ram pack
M3 real + Rumble pack + GBA expansion pack (Perfect Bundle Version )
And this three option is surely English version,the M3 team has not release M3 Real English Version sold alone so that all the M3 real the solely sold is Chinese version or split from this three option.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I figure that English versions cost more simply because it costs more to ship further. A batch shipping to America would cost them more than to ship next door to them.

M3 Real do sold in bundles which you will have three option,
M3 real card + Rumble pack
M3 real card + Rumble ram pack
M3 real + Rumble pack + GBA expansion pack (Perfect Bundle Version )
And this three option is surely English version,the M3 team has not release M3 Real English Version sold alone so that all the M3 real the solely sold is Chinese version or split from this three option.

I guess you don't have any plans to split these bundles huh
tongue.gif
I just want the card itself
frown.gif

CZroe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks

There's 2 reasons I can think of, but mostly it points to money. They make a few bucks more off the English version than the Chinese one for god knows what reason. It is not a lot of money, but when you deal hunt on it, it makes you wonder a little bit. There's a lot of bargain hunters on this product and the M3 team doesn't seem to realize that. Also if you have a Chinese one, I'd imagine you can print the instructions and such in Chinese only, whereas the English one you'd print in English. However it's kinda dumb cuz there's more languages than just those two and I think they also lean Japanese people towards the English product. Hopefully my Chinese one has those resistors still but it probably doesn't with my luck. My M3 simply was already a newer fab than the photos suggested at the time and that was rather disappointing. Both my M3 simply and R4 DS are the cheaper models, without the IC just has a blob of goo over the microchip like the inside of a $1 chinese watch. Very poor imho.
The reason is clerar: If they don't offer a cheaper version to China, they will just make knockoffs and you'll never be able to find a real M3DS real in China... and this will happen even if they can't duplicate the functions! For instance, we all saw how cheap the WiiKey was to make when the "perfect clones" showed up for just over $5 and the genuine WiiKey was $40+. They should have included a pressed config disc and an SD memory card adapter and other bonuses to make it more competitive. Heck, a pressed config disc from Thin Ice Media would be bootable without the mod and would still let you dump games and such (if they made the header FW2.0+ compatible
wink.gif
)! The "genuine" sticker that they added after the fact doesn't help at all.

In China, it's probably sold very near to their actual costs so, to profit, they have to charge more elsewhere and satiate China with a low cost one that can't be easily exported. That heads off clones at the pass.

casiopea

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blog.naver.com
XP
Country
Both my M3 simply and R4 DS are the cheaper models, without the IC just has a blob of goo over the microchip like the inside of a $1 chinese watch.  Very poor imho.
Same with my R4, but I still was able to mod it anyway
wink.gif

As much as I dislike and am opposed to language/region locking the different language versions I actually do understand why they tried to do it this way. Basically it amounts to what they said: "protecting their retailers"; stopping any form of price competition between different region distributors that they have "official" agreements with. If I see something new listed as in stock a HK mail order shop for $5 less than the place I can get it from in NA as pre-order, the impulse would be to purchase it there - and be I'll be damned if, by the time I cover shipping, I didn't actually get it for any less (sometimes more) and in about the same time I would have gotten it from the NA distributors.

English Version is too much...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.