English Firmware Options for Chinese M3 DS Real

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by nixzero, May 20, 2009.

May 20, 2009
  1. nixzero
    OP

Newcomer nixzero Member

United States
    I have a Chinese M3 DS Real, and I had been using the software patch to update my firmware. I haven't used the thing in over a year, so I'm currently running V2.51. However, I when I dug around to get the latest firmware and patch, I found that the patch I used to use doesn't work with any version after V3.7 from this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=63782

Is there a new patch/solution out there that doesn't require me to mod the M3 hardware? Sakura is new to me, but I'd be willing to try it if there's a way to get it running on my card. Ideally, I would like to try the Sakura/touchpod dual-boot firmware, but beggars can't be choosers. The most important thing is that I can play newer roms.

2. revoman

Newcomer revoman Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I am not fimiliar with the chinese models, but I would think that the english version of sakura would work fine. Best to try it and if it doesn't work I am sure there is a another way [​IMG] good luck

3. dsrules

Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

nixzero, it doesn't really matters anymore
    just download the Asia Sakura 1.35 and use a english skin to turn it into english

4. revoman

Newcomer revoman Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    yes that is your best bet,

i believe this is what you want for the asian version of sakura

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2221

5. nixzero
    OP

Newcomer nixzero Member

United States
    Well, I think I got what I need. The US or Japanese firmwares didn't work. I found the latest dual boot chinese firmware at www.gbalpha.cn (Translated by Google), copied over an english SKN file, replaced one of my messages files with messages.000 from an english version of sakura, and it worked fine. However, If I get this screen when I boot up.
    http://www.gbalpha.cn/China/gbalpha_downlo...14175337644.jpg

If I select TouchPod, it goes into the classic firmware which I need for a lot of my homebrew. When I reset my DS, I go back to the boot select screen. However, when I open Sakura, it somehow gets set to automatically start in Sakura. I couldn't figure out why, does anyone know if this is a thing with sakura, or do I just need to use some kind of button combo to switch? If anyone can translate that pic above, maybe there's a hint there.

6. Dizzy Doom

Newcomer Dizzy Doom Advanced Member

United States
    To show that screen again simply hold A while booting, and it should let you switch firmwares.