Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
easportsmma6222010.jpg
Let's play a quick game of "which of these two things is the craziest thing you've ever heard?" So, there's this Scandinavian law which prohibits any form of marketing for energy drinks, which EA Sports MMA (with its energy drink-branded fighter shorts and environments) would flagrantly violate. That's weird, right? Here's what's weirder: EA Sports has decided to cancel the game's release in the region outright to preserve the game's authenticity.

So, which is more bizarre? The fact that fans of dudefights living in Denmark won't be able to get their EA Sports MMA fix due to energy drink pants? Or the fact that EA Sports refuses to change the energy drink pants into Taco Bell pants because it would ruin the authenticity of the MMA experience? We're leaning towards the latter.[/p]
icon11.gif
Source (Joystiq)

yes, because authenticity is more important than sales

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Terminator02 said:
So, there's this Scandinavian law which prohibits any form of marketing for energy drinks, which EA Sports MMA (with its energy drink-branded fighter shorts and environments) would flagrantly violate. [/p]
Huh? Thats a new one.

First of all I doubt there is such a thing as "Scandinavian laws".
Second of all - if there truly is such a thing as a "Scandinavian law" which prohibits them then that would at most only include Sweden, Norway and possibly (this is farfetched) Denmark.

I think they must have their facts mixed up. It's more than likely that each of the Nordic countries (that's right, Nordic not Scandinavic) has passed similar laws which may prohibit the thing. If that really is the case though then they're doing a really bad job enforcing said laws since I've seen advertisements for energy drinks on multiple occasions here.

Either case this seems rather silly, but I'm afraid I don't care enough about said game.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I don't think it's a Scandinavian law... Must be a Danish law, since there's a lot of energy drink commercials and stuff here in Sweden... Though it's really silly... There's an 16 - 18 year old age limit on energy drinks here in Sweden... and the 10 year olds drinking it now act like drunks / addicts.. going around holding the drink in both hands, looking suspiciously around, drinking it and can't even go in a straight line... sheeesh... these silly kids believing that energy drinks have any effect on them...

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heran Bago said:
The money they would spend removing the advertisements is probably more than all the money they would make selling the game in Scandinavia. Also you don't want to piss off your sponsors.
Pretty much. They pay for the promotion of MMA and the games development, they have to get their cut of sales and editing the game would not make them too happy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)