Endless Ocean Original Pal on NTSC Wiikey

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by pandak, Dec 11, 2007.

Dec 11, 2007
  1. pandak
    OP

Newcomer pandak Newbie

Turkey
    Hi,
    A friend of mine is sending an original PAL copy of Endless Ocean. Is it possible to run it on my Wiikeyd NTSC console?
    Thanks.

2. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
  3. betawind

Member betawind GBAtemp Regular

United States
    How exactly does the Wii Region Patcher Compatibility List help him/her? They have an *original* PAL release.

To try and answer the question, I don't think it will work. I know the Wiikey has Region Override, but according to the feature list its for NTSC to PAL or JPN, not the other way around. I don't have a way of confirming this though. What I do know is that, when dealing with PAL backups on a NTSC Wii, you typically need to change the region on the ISO before it will work.

4. pandak
    OP

Newcomer pandak Newbie

Turkey
    Thank you.

5. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    In other words, region patching or original copies OR original discs. NOT just modified backups.
    DUH betawind! geez. See all the green pal-to-ntsc-us games in that list? They ALL work with wiikey, originals and backups.

And the pal-to-ntsc list says: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php?title=Wi...y_List:_NTSC-US
    Endless Ocean (OE) Tested with Wiikey 1.9g and patched with RegionFrii 1.21 & Wii Brick Blocker 1.3

So it works, but the user didn't test without brickblocker or regionfrii. So run the game with your console completely up to date, and if it still asks you to update, don't. But most likely it'll be fine.