Hacking Endless Ocean 2 Save File Hacking

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Endless Ocean 2! So much so, that I got the PAL version despite me living in the USA. Now I have the US version, and I don't want to repeat 30 hours of work. I plan on continuing my legit save file in the PAL game, and cheating for 100% completion in the US game.

Now the hard part - how? After finishing the first chapter, now I'm testing for different variables.

If you would like to help with my quest, I've been keeping save file extractions from SaveGame Manager GX. I am very sure I duplicated some due to paranoia over losing a save file. After save file 7, I am testing for one variable at a time. (The game counts how many times you save, so there will always be that variable changing every time.)

A EO2 save file includes:

banner.bin
sys.dat
char0.dat
feb00.alb
wifi0.dat

With files like char1.dat if you make a second character.

banner, sys, feb00, and wifi0 are mostly useless. As far as I can see, sys.dat is blank, banner.bin is related to the save game banner, including the "nocopy" flag. Wifi0 is related to wifi. (duh) Feb00, in my opinion, is the picture data. I have no way to prove this.

Is there any hope for me? Is it possible to modify saves like this?

Save archive - .5 MB 7zip, extracts to 70 MB.
edit: Link removed due to paranoia - can I link to my saves without breaking rules?
edit 2: Don't hurt me if this is against the rules.

http://www.mediafire.com/?odzyummltyy

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have to tried transferring both NTSC and PAL saves to the SD card and then just replacing the NTSC files with the PAL files keeping the folders intact?

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DGenerateKane said:
Have to tried transferring both NTSC and PAL saves to the SD card and then just replacing the NTSC files with the PAL files keeping the folders intact?
Wow, good idea... I have so many backups and everything. It's worth a shot!

edit: Worked great. Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night