Hardware End of my rope!!

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I semi bricked my Wii... I thought if I reinstalled the default 0000042.app that it would bring back my standard H&S screen... nope... semibrick...

Now, I have a Yowii solderless chip for the D2B chipset with Yaosm 3... but I can't configure it to autoboot a disc to run WadManager to reinstall my SystemMenu...

I am also on a laptop, so no DB9 or whatever port...

I know, I was stupid, I didn't reinstall Starfall or Preloader before I attempted this... and I am kicking myself... trust me...

Is there any other way to set this up using just 1 Wii? No one I know in my area has a Wii, so I can't even borrow one to swap drives to install the correct options to the chip...

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have preloader installed right? If you don't you can use the auto boot twilight princess that is if you still have the save for it and launch ARC.

zidane_genome

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, as I said, I don't have Preloader or Starfall installed...

I've tried autoboot discs, such as WADManager, and bushings Semi-Brick fix, but neither autoboot...

I still have the TPHack installed... but I can't get discs to autoboot...

The first byte of the disc is 0 on both, but not sure why they aren't autobooting... It's a 3.2U downgraded system from 3.3a

zidane_genome

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, been playing around... seems the "System Files are Corrupt" message comes on before it even starts reading the disc...

I've tried the autoboot discs, and nothing... it's not getting the the disc reading part...

I called Ninty, acted completely stupid (about as stupid as not having starfall/preloader installed) and I'm getting it replaced for shipping costs... cause ya... ummm, I went to update finally, since I just got my internet back, and walked away while it was updating, and when I came back, the red light was on the power button, and I get this weird message... yea...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...