ROM Hack Encryption/Decryption possible on Computer?

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As you know to edit games etc it is necessary to decrypt them on console (Decrypt9 deep) and encrypt them again in the end (NCCH)
Why do we need a console to do so. What's stopping us from doin it on Computer?
System titles specifically should be very generic encrypted. Can we not get this done on PC?

And if there is a way. How do you do it?

SockNaste

My Little Pony Fetish
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.theuselessweb.com
XP
Country
United States
As you know to edit games etc it is necessary to decrypt them on console (Decrypt9 deep) and encrypt them again in the end (NCCH)
Why do we need a console to do so. What's stopping us from doin it on Computer?
System titles specifically should be very generic encrypted. Can we not get this done on PC?

And if there is a way. How do you do it?

-snip-
Also it is easier to do it on your 3DS than on the PC.

Last edited by SockNaste,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why do we need a console to do so. What's stopping us from doin it on Computer??

We don't have the key(s) required to do so. They're stored in the bootrom, in a protected area that we cannot access. Until we get the keys, xorpads or using Decrypt9 to directly decrypt stuff will be needed.

Reactions: Zan' and Zanoab

Zan'

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
We don't have the key(s) required to do so. They're stored in the bootrom, in a protected area that we cannot access. Until we get the keys, xorpads or using Decrypt9 to directly decrypt stuff will be needed.
Alright but generating xorpads is a thing for specific things right?

If I wanted to rebuild a title over and over again. Do I have any options creating xorpads or anything to do the ncch encryption on pc in the Future for just this specific cia? So I would save the time of going into Decrypt9 every single time.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Alright but generating xorpads is a thing for specific things right?

If I wanted to rebuild a title over and over again. Do I have any options creating xorpads or anything to do the ncch encryption on pc in the Future for just this specific cia? So I would save the time of going into Decrypt9 every single time.

Sure, if I remember correctly, that's what ncchinfogen.py is for. It'll create an ncchinfo.bin that you can use with Decrypt9, and Decrypt9 will spit out xorpads.

Reactions: Zan'

Zan'

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sure, if I remember correctly, that's what ncchinfogen.py is for. It'll create an ncchinfo.bin that you can use with Decrypt9, and Decrypt9 will spit out xorpads.
And these xorpads can the be used to do my ncch encryption for this Single cia on my pc in the future?

Zan'

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright. So since it was a System title I only had a cia Version.
So I used Godmode9 to extract the .app from my NAND and used the it to generate xorpads with Decrypt9.
I can't use the xorpads to decrypt a cxi from an encrypted cia.
Did I get wrong xorpads?

Also how would I build the cia again. I know I can build an encrypted cxi, but makerom doesn't take them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.