ROM Hack Question Enabling English Subtitles for The World Ends With You

AnotherAlternative

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the game has been out for a while but I haven't seen an undub for it so I made one but it has an issue I'm hoping someone experienced with Unity3D can help fix.

Replacing all the voice and video files wasn't difficult however unlike other languages included in the game when set to English, it doesn't display any subtitles when the video is playing, when inspecting message.unity3d, there are English subtitles in movie_subtitling_E but for some reason it doesn't show up and I have no idea why or how to enable it.

I don't want to release an undub that doesn't work in english since that's the language most people will be playing it in.

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I know the game has been out for a while but I haven't seen an undub for it so I made one but it has an issue I'm hoping someone experienced with Unity3D can help fix.

Replacing all the voice and video files wasn't difficult however unlike other languages included in the game when set to English, it doesn't display any subtitles when the video is playing, when inspecting message.unity3d, there are English subtitles in movie_subtitling_E but for some reason it doesn't show up and I have no idea why or how to enable it.

I don't want to release an undub that doesn't work in english since that's the language most people will be playing it in.

Have you tried maybe contacting the OP of this thread for advice?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-world-ends-with-you-final-remix-english-patch.519383/

DrYoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm extremely interested in the undub. I bought the game on release date for the switch expecting it to have dual audio like every rpg on the switch does, but surprisingly it did not, and I couldn't return it since I'd already opened it. I would love to play this undubbed Especially since a new entry was announced for the series, unfortunately I don't have a clue on how to enable subtitles. Any chance you would release the undub as is?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: