Hacking EmuNAND's Survival

JustAKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my friend accidentally updated my n3ds from 9.2.0 t0 10.7 and I've lost access to homebrew. I had reiNAND cfw set up and a few games installed. I plan to get a physical copy of Zelda oot3d, but first I want to know this. After I use homebrew to downgrade, will my emuNAND data still be there? (all games, saves, and fc's)

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, of course it will.

Did he intentionally update to 10.7? I'd imagine, at least with Menuhax/A9LH activated, it'd be hard to get to sysNAND and update anyways.

Reactions: JustAKirby

pscytheology

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So my friend accidentally updated my n3ds from 9.2.0 t0 10.7 and I've lost access to homebrew. I had reiNAND cfw set up and a few games installed. I plan to get a physical copy of Zelda oot3d, but first I want to know this. After I use homebrew to downgrade, will my emuNAND data still be there? (all games, saves, and fc's)

The downgrading happens on the SysNAND, not EmuNAND. As long as you don't re-setup the EmuNAND, it should be fine.

Reactions: JustAKirby

JustAKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, of course it will.

Did he intentionally update to 10.7? I'd imagine, at least with Menuhax/A9LH activated, it'd be hard to get to sysNAND and update anyways.
Lol no, he just didn't hold L on boot, and it well downhill from there. I also don't have A9LH, I was always scared to go through with it.

Merrx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You are using a N3DS. There should be the possibility to use SmashHax to get access to Homebrew. You can use the Demo from the eshop.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Lol no, he just didn't hold L on boot, and it well downhill from there. I also don't have A9LH, I was always scared to go through with it.
What Sonic_Cee_Dee said. Better yet, set it to something that will be difficult to trigger by accident. When I hacked one of my cousin's 3DS (he's still a kid) I set menuhax to boot unless L+R+A+B+X+Y are held. That way there's no way he can get into sysNAND and update it (except, AuReiNAND boots into sysNAND if L or R are held so that kind of ruins that... I didn't put firmware90.bin on SD so at least the L button won't let him boot into sysNAND)

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, I don't own a linux
Download a distribution of Linux (say, Kali because it comes with aircrack-ng), create a bootable flash drive using Rufus 2.7 and a simple USB flash drive. Set boot mode to legacy and you can choose to boot from "usb mass storage device", at least, that's what I do, you may require different/additional steps. Once you've booted Linux, follow the set up for Smashbroshax as per usual.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I set it up as a dualboot sorta thing?
Yes, I used to have it set up that way, though I'm not sure if it's possible if you're running windows 10. (havent tried yet)
Edit: If you're just using it for smash hax, create a bootable usb, and install it on a usb. Then you can just boot into it when the usb is plugged in

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I used to have it set up that way, though I'm not sure if it's possible if you're running windows 10. (havent tried yet)
Edit: If you're just using it for smash hax, create a bootable usb, and install it on a usb. Then you can just boot into it when the usb is plugged in
You can. I triple boot Windows 10, Ubuntu MATE 16.04 and Kali on a Dell Inspiron.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it now? Well I guess ill try it out with my friend's copy of smash
Where should I go to learn how to set it up? Which distribution should I use?
It has always been free.

Reactions: froggestspirit

JustAKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has always been free.
Lol I wasn't asking in terms of time, though I suppose that lacked context

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can. I triple boot Windows 10, Ubuntu MATE 16.04 and Kali on a Dell Inspiron.
How did you set that up?

edit:nvm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.