Hacking Emunand worth it?

spookyboogie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im at sysnand 9.2 and I've got a gateway. I'm pretty happy with just running games of the cart, but i'm wondering if I am really missing out with emunand? I think the big thing is I'm a little worried about something going wrong with emunand. I've got kind of a "if its not broken dont fix it" mentality with this but wanna know if its worth doing?

TheDutchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
absolutely worth it.
With Emunand you can have (custom) "paid" themes, and you can install game DLC / updates without using eShop
you can also backup the emuNAND just in case.

Got my gateway today and got everything set up, just installed some games as .CIA works perfectly

just word of warning if you want to set up emunand backup your SD files first since that will format the card/
follow the guide over at maxconsole and you will be fine

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand is needed so that you can STILL use the gateway card while on the latest firmware. The latest version is needed in order to get to the eshop and to play online.

FearItSelf23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand is needed so that you can STILL use the gateway card while on the latest firmware. The latest version is needed in order to get to the eshop and to play online.

The latest FW is not needed to play games online. I play smash bros online all the time on 9.2. You just have to enable wireless after launching the game.

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
The latest FW is not needed to play games online. I play smash bros online all the time on 9.2. You just have to enable wireless after launching the game.
You still need to be on the latest firmware to fetch the needed game-related updates to be able to play online (I guess you can install the updates from dev-menu but you will eventually need a newer firmware as future games will require it)

Uncle_Iroh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
absolutely worth it.
With Emunand you can have (custom) "paid" themes, and you can install game DLC / updates without using eShop

Got my gateway today and got everything set up, just installed some games as .CIA works perfectly

just word of warning if you want to set up emunand backup your SD files first since that will format the card/

Could you link to the guide?

Neath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
absolutely worth it.

How can I install .CIA files? DevMenu or the blue launcher? Is there a .cia guide?? So confused about it

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonyUSA made a most excellent guide on the "other " forum. We can't link to it here.

Read the faq at the top of this sub and check out the tutorials in the tutorials section above this sub.

There are cia guides here and I the tutorials section. You will need to google for the dev tools and bigbluemenu as we can't link to them from here.

If you are new to all this I suggest waiting on cia installations until you are up to speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: