Hacking emunand won't work on N3dS

obs123194

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone,

I have successful booted up gateway 3.1 using my sky3ds. however, for some reason whenever I enter the system settings it doesn't show GW3D in front of the firmware. the 3ds was originally on 9.0 but I updated it to 9.2 using my sky3ds? I formatted the sd card for emunand but still no emunand. What am I doing wrong? Should I revert back to 9.0 and try again?

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello everyone,

I have successful booted up gateway 3.1 using my sky3ds. however, for some reason whenever I enter the system settings it doesn't show GW3D in front of the firmware. the 3ds was originally on 9.0 but I updated it to 9.2 using my sky3ds? I formatted the sd card for emunand but still no emunand. What am I doing wrong? Should I revert back to 9.0 and try again?

Can of pepsi says you aren't using the original 4GB Micro SD card.

Reactions: Adeka

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's tools to make an image of the MicroSD and then you restore it to your larger SD Card.
You then re-size the partition.

y2jdmbfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get EMUNAND working on the new 3DS MH4U either. Not sure what I am missing. Tried a 4GB mem card and a 64GB. I format emunand, boot to gateway mode, and the system settings doesn't show GW3D in front of the 9.2.0-20U firmware.

y2jdmbfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original 4gb SD??

No, I was afraid to mess with that, I thought I could just format a different 4GB micro SD. If you can forgive my ignorance, is there a reason why you need to use the original Toshiba microsd that came with the US Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate new3DSXL?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I was afraid to mess with that, I thought I could just format a different 4GB micro SD. If you can forgive my ignorance, is there a reason why you need to use the original Toshiba microsd that came with the US Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate new3DSXL?

It seems to be working for others, if you're that concern you can backup an image of the SD before attempting it.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Unless you have a limited edition console with preloaded software there is absolutely nothing on that mSD worth a squat. Stick a blank one in there and sysnand will recreate the folder structure.

Make sure you format that problem mSD with Sd Formatter v4 from Sd association website. If it still gives you problems after that try the original one or another one. Look at the "move emunand to larger Sd card" thread for some tools to make an image.

Nuxx20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really unnecessary. Just create the folders N/E in each nand, and whenever each of them boots just press select. If gw mulitrom shows up - you know you're in emunand...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
This is really unnecessary. Just create the folders N/E in each nand, and whenever each of them boots just press select. If gw mulitrom shows up - you know you're in emunand...

you don't need emunand to use gw :) the multirom menu and all patches etc still work in sysnand.
rememeber, emunand is not a requirement for gw

Reactions: thorasgar

y2jdmbfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the old 3DS I thought you could have separate color themes for sysnand and emunand, it doesn't appear to be the case any longer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM