EMUNAND with patched sign on N3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Keylogger, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Keylogger
    OP

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
    Hello,

I have a brand new N3ds with 9.2EUR firmware :)

What are the solutions to play GBA games and use emuNAND/SYSNAND with patched signature without GW on N3DS?

2. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    Pasta on sysnand (requires CN), nothing on emunand.

3. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
    With CakeFW out, that should hopefully change soon :P Either Cake getting N3DS support, or Pasta getting emuNAND support.

4. Hammyface

Hammyface GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2006
    United States
    Vermont
    Are either of these likely?

5. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
    I believe one of the SALT developers mentioned that getting emuNAND working on N3DS is trickier than with O3DS, so it might not come particularly quickly. But with talented devs already working on them both and being open source so anyone else can also contribute, it'll probably happen soon.

Hammyface likes this.
  6. Hammyface

Hammyface GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2006
    United States
    Vermont
    I agree they are all very talented and I have the utmost respect and appreciation for their work.

7. Ericss

Ericss GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    There is no free emuNAND solution for N3DS, and isn't likely to be anytime soon. Buy a GW or wait and see what happens.

8. kactusss

kactusss GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    France
    I disagree. Someone is working to make CakeFW to work on new 3DS. I won't bother buying a GW now...

9. nccom

nccom GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2006
    Estonia
    Well if you want to unscrew back cover and wait 1 hour every time you want to play a new game then yeah, go pasta.

10. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    Can you please expand on your snarky comment? Why would there be a one hour wait to play games? (I don't use pasta)

11. Shadowtrance

Shadowtrance GBAtemp Addict

May 9, 2014
    Hervey Bay, Queensland
    Because it only runs cia's and they take ages to install (depending on size).

12. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    He's talking about the process of getting to your micro sd card behind the back faceplate beneath which you need to remove 2 screws. Then the process of transferring the .cias to your micro sd card, and then finally installing the data via big blue menu.

It's a very first world kind of problem to complain about and really not a big deal, as there are ways to send your files wirelessly to your 3ds without opening the back, you can even directly install wirelessly, thing is though, wireless is more time consuming for the larger games. But unless your installing a larger game, they typically take no more than 10 minutes to install. What I do is download a ton of games in the day then install them to the system while I go to bed.

13. nccom

nccom GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2006
    Estonia
    Have you tried to transfer 4gb file wirelessly? It will literally take hours.
    I just don't understand this attitude...gateway costs what, $60 atm? Thats the cost of one new original game and you're getting a pretty good ds flashcard + ability to run every 3ds game without very long installation. Is everyone on gbatemp a poor student who can't afford $60?

Madridi likes this.
  14. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    There's also the fact that it drains the battery unnecessarily, that it's only used as a DRM dongle (that again, drains the battery for nothing) and the fact that the GW team put bricking code in their launcher which effectively bricks your 3DS if you try to use it with a GW clone. No way I'm giving money to them and supporting that kind of mentality. Sky3DS isn't any better with their initial 10-game limit and on-going proprietary template file, but at least with them you know what you're getting yourself into (I'm pretty much only using mine for Cubic Ninja).

PS: Come on, 3DS games don't cost $60. They're between $5-40.

15. nccom

nccom GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2006
    Estonia
    That drm dongle allows you to run .3ds files which is impossible on any CFW. Battery drain is only noticable in standby.

and the fact that Nintendo put bricking bootloader in their CPU which effectively bricks your 3DS if you try to flash any unsigned file into sysnand - just like this, yeah?

Enjoy your cia installations then. Oh and don't cry on forums when Nintendo will use new keys for new games and none of the CFW developers will be able to hack this.

16. happydance

happydance GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2009
    why all the hate? you got your pirated .3ds working fine even as you said Nintendo will use new keys on future updates to render pirated cia on cfw not working as you claim and your pirated .3ds will be a okay, it shouldn't bother you, right?

17. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    I find it interesting how gateway adapters are getting angry with those that choose to use free measures to accomplish many of the same things. no one is bad mouthing you for using gateway, but surely you can recognize why many people now just don't see gateway as an investment of interest to them. I personally love Pasta and can't personally justify gateway as another purchase but I'm grateful for all the good gateway did in helping the scene get to where it is (aside from that whole bricking of clone carts thing). And I'm sure if I had a gateway I'd find the few remaining one ups it has on the cfw methods as something to hang on to as well to continue to justify my pay purchase. I totally do get that.

18. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    the one time inconvenience of installing a CIA is better than having a shit ton of games on GW red because you only have 1 line in the multirom menu
    it is much better to install the CIA and be able to browse from home menu than from GW multirom menu
    that being said i have GW and the second slot is useful still, basically i install all the online games as CIA (no ban no messing with headers, another advantage of cia) also VC games and injects are better installed they take no time to install and trying to browse through hundreds of eshop games and NES VC injects from the GW multirom menu would be maddening , also GW multirom shows games in order of how you copied them not sorted alphabetically

Last edited by weatMod, Jun 23, 2015
  19. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    You know I used CIAs as soon as it was possible with GW because CIA is a superior method.
    Then my GW kind of became obsolete, but I will not go back to use inferior 3DS files only to justify my purchase.