Hacking Emunand vanished on 7.0.1 (ChoiDujour)

DonRamon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi guys from GBA, had a recent problem here and would like to have some help...

SXOS user here and, just tried to update my Emunand (installed on system memory) to 7.0.1 via Choidujour, as I always did till version 6.2.0 (the latest one working)

Everything went fine on installation, files went normally but, when it asked to reboot, it launched my original Nand (on 4.0.1), and, it´s not a problem, since without the dongle the switch will always boot the original

But, when I got the dongle for accessing the emunand, on SXOS launch menu, the "Emunand enabled" just vanished! And, of course, trying to boot custom firmware now leads me into the original one

What happened? Did my Emunand just got deleted by the 7.0.1 update? If so, now I need to build a new one?

If anyone can send me a light, would thank you all a lot!

Cubuss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys from GBA, had a recent problem here and would like to have some help...

SXOS user here and, just tried to update my Emunand (installed on system memory) to 7.0.1 via Choidujour, as I always did till version 6.2.0 (the latest one working)

Everything went fine on installation, files went normally but, when it asked to reboot, it launched my original Nand (on 4.0.1), and, it´s not a problem, since without the dongle the switch will always boot the original

But, when I got the dongle for accessing the emunand, on SXOS launch menu, the "Emunand enabled" just vanished! And, of course, trying to boot custom firmware now leads me into the original one

What happened? Did my Emunand just got deleted by the 7.0.1 update? If so, now I need to build a new one?

If anyone can send me a light, would thank you all a lot!

do you have /sxos/emunand/ folder on your sd card?

DonRamon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
do you have /sxos/emunand/ folder on your sd card?
No, as I said, maybe the issue is that I installed Emunand directly on Nand partition, you know, creation a copy on what I had on the original and such, maybe that´s the reason why?

Also, I used a different update of SXOS (got the newest beta for doing the update with Choi), don´t know if this might have messed things somehow

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, in this meantime, got curious on this thing of using a different SXOS version for the update, so, got the SD and placed the old version back as a boot, got into the menu and the "Emunand enabled" button returned, but, when clicked to start the custom firmware, I got a black screen that took forever, had to hard reset the console to get out of this, back to autoRCM

Any ideas?

DonRamon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, as a final update, as noticed before, the normal Nand firmware seems intact, with the 4.0.1 system menu and all, but, no luck in entering emunand again, only black screens forever

Since I was able to enter the boot SXOS menu, did a "move Emunand to SD" option on a spare 32 GB one I had here, so, now I have an external copy of this somewhat corrupted emunand... let me know if there is any workaround that can be done with this rather than just erasing everything and creating a new one, starting from zero

Again, thanking you all in advance for the help here! ;)

DonRamon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ok, got able to make things work again, it was a matter of the microSD usage

When the system restarts, the EXFat update is not activated yet, so, it needs a fat32 SD to bypass this part

At least, hope this tread makes a valid lesson for the ones reading, that it´s always better to update your system with a fat32 card, it was something I wasn´t aware till now, and, good thing happened with me to warn you guys

Thanks for the ones reading and hopefully, no more issues for now on!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu