Hacking Emunand update give me an error

Justin20020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, i have an o3ds with 9.0 emunand with rxtools. I want to update the emunand to 10.3 but there it begins to fail. I tested it with my mobile data on my phone too. I downgraded the o3ds from 9.8 to 9.0. Is there a way how to fix it?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, i have an o3ds with 9.0 emunand with rxtools. I want to update the emunand to 10.3 but there it begins to fail. I tested it with my mobile data on my phone too. I downgraded the o3ds from 9.8 to 9.0. Is there a way how to fix it?
How does it fail, and what steps did you take?

Justin20020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Steps:

On sysnand 9.0 i start ninjhax 1.1b and from there I start with holding L rxtools. I select emunand and on there, I go to the system settings. From here I set the wifi on and press system update. It take 5-10 seconds if 15% from the blue bar is fulled and then it gave me an error that the update won't be continued..

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Steps:

On sysnand 9.0 i start ninjhax 1.1b and from there I start with holding L rxtools. I select emunand and on there, I go to the system settings. From here I set the wifi on and press system update. It take 5-10 seconds if 15% from the blue bar is fulled and then it gave me an error that the update won't be continued..
I would enter rxTools dev mode and update your Sysnand to 9.2.0-20 with sysupdater this way you have a clean sysnand with nor errors. Re Format emunand and then update your Emunand. It sounds like a long process but I believe your downgrade was not complete and you are missing or have incorrect titles.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Steps:

That's weird. You could also try updating manually with sysupdater. Make a backup of your emuNAND (with emuNAND tool) and keep it somewhere safe. Install sysupdater.cia on your emuNAND and get the 10.3 update files (matching your region and old/new) from either "that" ISO site or 3DSNUS. Make an "updates" folder on the root of your SD card and put the files in there. Open sysupdater in emuNAND and update. If anything goes wrong, you can restore your emuNAND backup and try again.

Edit: Try what Xenon Hacks said too, but on "that" ISO site, one of the packs labelled as 9.2 is actually 9.0 so may not work.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Justin20020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would enter rxTools dev mode and update your Sysnand to 9.2.0-20 with sysupdater this way you have a clean sysnand with nor errors.
How can I enter the dev mode? On that iso site, I loaded already 9.2.0 update cias. But I came to 9.0 :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's weird. You could also try updating manually with sysupdater. Make a backup of your emuNAND (with emuNAND tool) and keep it somewhere safe. Install sysupdater.cia on your emuNAND and get the 10.3 update files (matching your region and old/new) from either "that" ISO site or 3DSNUS. Make an "updates" folder on the root of your SD card and put the files in there. Open sysupdater in emuNAND and update. If anything goes wrong, you can restore your emuNAND backup and try again.

Edit: Try what Xenon Hacks said too, but on "that" ISO site, one of the packs labelled as 9.2 is actually 9.0 so may not work.
Thanks. I will give it a try later. Im tired^^

Reactions: Quantumcat

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
you have to keep trying, that happened to me too.

hint: move with your 3ds as close to your router as you can .
keep trying it will work out eventually

Mystic Shadow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought with rxtools you needed that encrypted key on the root of your sd. Idk its been awhile since I did this stuff to my o3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs