emunand too big to 2gb SD card?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Enigma Hall, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Enigma Hall
    OP

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    I Was just formated the sd card to emunand. My model came with a 2gb sd card.

Then i try to put backup nand back to sd and to my surprise there´s no space enogh. My card have only 850mb free and only launcher.dat file.

Well, be aware of this, i could try update my system without emunand and hit my realnand instead. Nand.bin is needed, right?

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    You don't need the NAND backup on your SD after you formatted it with EmuNAND.
    The NAND is already in a hidden partition on the SD.

3. Enigma Hall
    OP

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    More two questions. I keep this new launcher.dat or replace with the launcher.dat from beta? And this 850mb free will be enogh to update emunand?

4. c0d3m4st4

c0d3m4st4 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2013
    yes, the 2Gb card is enough to update your emuNAND... i just did it around 2 hours ago, after many attemps. Created the emu NAND, and then updated to 6.3 with the 2Gb card that came with the console

5. RenegadeKid

RenegadeKid GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2013
    France
    Lucky bastard:P

6. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    keep your old launcher, you might want to use that with older games. So far, the only game I found that can use the save game function with the 2.0 fw is the Zelda Link Between Worlds game. Any other game I tried to play cannot access the save game. I use the old launcher with the older games because the save game function works with that. I keep 2 sd cards, one with the 1.2 firmware, and another with the 2.0 firmware and emunamd on it. Good thing I updated my emunand on a 4GB sd card because all of my eshop downloads would not fit on a 2GB sd card and emunand installed. I hope the gateway team releases a tool that lets you copy the emunand partition to other SD cards.

The emunand partition probably has enough space on it for all future firmware updates.